The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will lead the department in Quality Assurance and Release Management Best Practices and Strategic Initiates for WebPT’s existing and new technologies.
This includes to perform test planning, release planning and deploying, develop and execute manual test suites and execute automation test suites, and create/analyze metrics across a suite of products. As you perform these tasks, you will adhere and be a champion of best and lean practices in your day to day decision making to meet both short- and long-term goals.
You’ll work closely with Scrum/Kanban and Cross Functional teams to ensure consistent delivery of quality, stable, and scalable product solutions. You’ll be a hands-on QA leader within and outside the department.
This requires a customer-focused mindset, maintain detailed standards in a fast-paced environment, and be proactive to ensure we are meeting expectations for to deliver high-quality products.
- Lead department in Quality Assurance and Release Management activities.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance, Software Development, and Release Management Best Practices.
- Help develop departmental lean solutions.
- Report on Incidents, Defects, and departmental Metrics.
- Review function and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test scenarios or case requirements, and design test coverage plans.
- Help create acceptance criteria for Releases.
- Create, document, and maintain functional test cases and exploratory charters and other artifacts.
- Create and execute test cases for defect corrections and enhancements to ensure system functionality satisfies acceptance criteria.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results to ensure that system functionality satisfies acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate root cause analysis reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify and submit potential quality issues and errors per defined process and escalate those issues, as needed, to management.
- Ensure validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Work with our customer service team to investigate member-reported issues and find solutions or workarounds.
- Share test results, status updates, and metrics with management.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies.
- Support on call and deployment rotation schedules.
Education and Experience
- At least 8 years of software Quality Assurance or equal experience and understanding of its standards, guidelines, processes, and usage.
- Leader for other QA and in department coworkers; self-starter, teacher, and steps in, as needed.
- Experience of QA and Release Management Best Practices.
- Experience release and deployment management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Able to keep up in a fast-past environment.
- Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment.
- Documentation, reporting, and metrics.
- Experience on front, middle, and back-end testing.
- Experience testing web applications and different types of testing approaches.
- Experience in risk management.
- Understanding different testing environments.
- Experience with test case and defect management.
- Experience documenting and reporting test results.
- SQL and/or MySQL scripting.
- Experience supporting deployments.
- Experience cloud applications.
- Experience in Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in Java.
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD) (Cucumber preferred).
- Experience working on Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) environments.
- Experience with building out test automation suites.
- Knowledge of Apache JMeter or other performance test applications.
- Experience working in a startup technology company.
- Experience in healthcare.