Job Summary: We are currently seeking an exceptional candidate to be part of the IT Global ERP team at Tempur Sealy. This person will be responsible for building/executing test cases, researching, recording, and analyzing defects for our Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system and its related systems. The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst ensures testing/quality assurance coverage is adhered to. The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst participates in QA project deliverables, timelines, identifying and recording risks involved and helps to develop mitigating actions. Ensures consistent Testing Methodology is applied for all project development, defects and data changes across applications and results are effectively communicated to the requestor.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst participates in the execution of development code testing, Quality Assurance (QA) regression, process validation, test script writing, and test account conditioning. Participates and provides input during Requirements and Design reviews along with assisting in identifying potential gaps across applications Ownership for environmental dashboards for overall tasks, test execution and defect report details; provides regular reporting to QA team. Assists in the development and maintenance of QA and testing materials, including workflows, test scripts library, test results library and test accounts depository.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Development and design of test plans specific for different computer software applications.
- Record and document results as compared to expected results.
- Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
- Examine application execution in various environments.
- Input provision for software test plans.
- Develop and document application test scenarios based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Review and validation of test cases for software application.
- Keeping up to date with standards and requirements of software quality assurance as stipulated by software testing authorities.
- Ensure application compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards, and organizational standards.
- Development and implementation of software application functionality tests.
- Development and implementation of software application regression tests.
- Preparation of reports on defects and problems that arise during application tests.
- Tracking of reported problems and defects using tracking software.
- Preparation of software evaluation test reports.
- Participate in application planning meetings.
- Perform reviews or walkthroughs as necessary.
- Five or more years of software QA experience.
- Expertise in test tools and defect tracking software.
- Team Foundation Server and Test Manager
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of methods andprocessesused in quality assurance of software programs
- International Software Qualifications Board (ISTQB)
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Well developed analytical skills
- Good report writing skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Automation experience is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Dynamics AX
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong presentation skills
- Works effectively with people that have different views
- Displays a sense of urgency
- Possesses intellectual curiousity
- Ability to work in dynamic environment
- Can facilitate effective brainstorming
- Shows a strong sense of purpose
- Persists in efforts
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science, Business, or related field.