Senior Quality Assurance Analyst - Automation
Location: Apple Valley, MNDepartment: Quality Assurance
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Experienced
SUMMARY: The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst-Automation upholds and continually improves Questar's Quality Assurance and Testing standards and processes. This position is very much a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) that will require strong programming and automation experience to validate developed applications and systems for Questar's K-12 educational assessment products. The role works with the QA management to create the next generation of automation for Questar while maintaining high value automated tests.
The position upholds the company core value to embed quality and integrity into every internal and external effort and company's other core values, as well as its Mission and Vision.
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst-Automation reports to the QA Automation Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical/testing direction and leadership to the automation team and formulate a reliable approach for continued tool usage (framework)
- Gets heavily involved in improving the automation program and pipeline automation workflows
- Provide input to test coverage to indicate testing addressed by automation
- Works closely with the QA Automation Manager and other leads to ensure automation is applied appropriately to the projects to achieve the best end results (end-to-end, regression, smoke)
- Ensure that test automation artifacts are of a quality that can support immediate and long-term testing objectives; testing productivity, test repeatability, error recreation, and reduced test time
- Collaborate with QA and IT partners to review and clarify the scope of delivery and business requirements for the application being tested and customer deliverables
- Contribute to defining a test approach/strategy for the application or customer deliverable
- Assist in authoring the test suite, i.e. test scenarios and test cases traceable to requirements in order to validate the application or customer deliverables
- Prepare the test data for approved test cases
- Test execution of business applications, online applications, document processing capability, and reporting deliverables
- Identify, document and track script related issues to correct or maintain scripts
- Escalate risks that will directly impact project timelines and deliverables
- Update status of assigned project tasks and time reporting duties
- Work closely with QA team members on prioritization of tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or technical area.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- 8+ years of QA and Test Automation experience required
- In depth knowledge and application of the automation test tool suite (Microsoft VSTS, Selenium, HP, SoapUI, Jenkins, JIRA, etc)
- Strong knowledge in .NET applications, C# programming language, and SQL.
- Strong experience with Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and other software development methodologies as related to testing
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of different types of testing
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing complex automation testing projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing methodologies and procedures and can apply them to automating test case execution that facilitates and meets the stated quality objectives
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems with technically innovative solutions
- Aptitude in reconciling testing requirements with business requirements
- Knowledge of database concepts and testing using SQL with Microsoft SQL Server or other database platforms
- A positive and flexible individual with a successful history of working in a fast-paced, client-focused, and dynamic environment
- Passion for quality and great attention to detail
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must be willing to relocate to the Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area (telecommuting not available).