Location: Lincoln, RI (Corporate Information Systems)
Are you looking for a job in a growing industry with new products, new markets and new technology?
With locations across the country, Amica Mutual Insurance Company offers opportunities to join this dynamic field with a financially strong and respected insurance provider. Amica, based in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, offers a full line of life insurance products.
We are recognized as a leader in customer service and credit this success to our 3,800 employees in 44 offices across the country. Our benefits package includes high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and more.
Our office in Lincoln, RI is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to perform and oversee verification and validation activities on large or complex application development efforts. A Senior QA Analyst is expected to apply good QA practices that allows them to identify, communicate, and affect quality improvements.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Provides project stakeholders information relevant to or intended to influence decisions that effectively improve the quality of application delivery
• Reviews business requirements, stories, system designs, and may seek to understand all facets related to development activities
• Applies or oversees the use of technology to identify opportunities to improve or evaluate quality in an application
• Oversees the functional and regression test efforts performed by a vendor, including the responsibility for effort estimations, vendor resource performance, and the quality of the test effort
• Identifies risks, issues, potential defects, or defects in any phase of the project life cycle, managing them through closure
• Creates efficient test strategies and ideas with clear intent, which may include specification for test data and environments, required to validate application functionality
• Effectively communicates, in written and verbal formats, the results of validation activity
• May be called upon to handle other duties as outlined
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in Information Technology
• Minimum of 5 years as a quality assurance or testing professional
• At least one year of leadership experience
• Computer Science, mathematics, or engineering bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or other bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
• Proficient computer skills, including knowledge of prevalent testing utilities
• A foundation in test automation tools are a plus
• A strong foundational knowledge and understanding of the insurance industry
• Proficiency using an insurance policy administration system, Guidewire is a plus
• A sense of curiosity and a desire to learn
• Experience leading and performing a continuous improvement effort
• Organizing and leading the delivery of tasks in a team environment
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.