Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Tock’s explosive growth:
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards and WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
About the position
We’re looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our team to help build fast, easy and beautiful tools for thousands of restaurants. As a Senior QA Engineer, you will work directly with the product designers, software engineers, and support engineers in the team to test the product; develop and maintain test cases. You will bring to the team industry best practices around functional, and regression testing and ensure high-quality and high-velocity product launches.
People who do well on this team are self-motivated with a passion for the problems we’re out to solve and how technology can help. We look for individuals with a deep knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and those who are ready to champion our web-based and mobile-first philosophy. Our team is pretty small and undergoing exponential growth, so there's a great opportunity for you to make a difference.
What you will be doing
- You will review functional requirements with the Business/Operational team to ensure completeness and to remove any ambiguity.
- You will collaborate with Business, Operations, Developers and Designers to develop effective testing strategies for the product.
- You will lead the QA activities from the start of the project to release to the customer.
- You will build and maintain the QA process and test suites of both automated and manual tests and ensure high-velocity, high-quality production pushes using various methodologies.
- You will build automated tests and analyze the results and determine if it’s a defect in the product or in the test code.
- You will prioritize and manage several testing tasks at one time
- You will assist account management and support teams in reproducing customer issues.
- You will manage and track product defects and provide reports to product leads.
- You will adhere to all guidelines around handling PII and PCI data.
- You will adhere to all guidelines around WCAG 2.1 AA for frontend facing applications.
- You will be a generalist who will work on multiple products as needed, whether it is our customer-facing dashboard or guest-facing consumer site.
- You will contribute to core team culture and contribute code to efforts across a fast-growing company.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree required; focus in Engineering or Mathematics fields preferred
- At least 5 years of experience as a QA Engineer both in manual and automated testing.
- Understand all parts of a modern web-based application stack from Frontend, Backend to Production.
- Demonstrated fluency with one or more object oriented programming languages, including but not limited to: Java, Python, C/C++
- Has knowledge in various testing methodologies and best practices in the industry
- Experience with Selenium (Java) and TestNG
- A self-motivated individual who works well with little direction
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving and writing skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Enjoys being part of a team that works and learns together
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prefers to experiment and use data to drive decision making
- Loves making and building things as part of a growing team
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave