The Senior QA Engineer contributes to The Bouqs' mission of creating a world‑class sustainable brand disrupting the global $50B floral industry by creating and maintaining a strong and impactful test plan that can be leveraged across multiple teams. You will work closely with the developers, development operations, tech product, and other QA engineers to solidify business requirements and develop manual and automation test cases. As an integral part of the QA and tech team, you will deliver accurate information to QA Manager and also communicate across different teams.
- Develop customized testing strategies that maximize test coverage while minimizing execution effort.
- Prepare Test Plan and perform manual frontend/backend testing across several web and mobile apps
- Execute Functional, Non-Functional, Integration, API, System, Regression, End-to-End and Exploratory testing
- Identify risks and proactively mitigate and communicate them across multiple teams.
- Provide testing leadership and guidance to the team by developing testing solutions, helping to resolve technical problems and challenges, and establishing and applying testing standards.
- Responsible to find, report and troubleshoot any software bugs
- Should be able to check logs, run jobs, database queries for testing and debugging purpose
- Be available and flexible to perform Automation testing. Contributing to the automation scripting would be a huge plus
- Perform functional and automation test on REST API services
- Show strong handle on database related testing and activities
- Work closely with the Agile Team to develop comprehensive functional test plan and provide maximum test coverage in the most efficient manner
- Lead/mentor other QA engineers in the team. Help in On Boarding and training process
- Be able to quickly learn complex, highly configurable application software by yourself
- Work closely with your QA Manager and provide status and feedback of your assignments on a regular basis
- Minimum 6 years of experience in overall Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Working knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with RESTFUL API Testing using Postman, Jmeter or similar tools
- Experience with SQL/non-SQL Database
- Experience with Cross browser/Cross device testing using real and virtual devices
- Strong Issue finding, reporting and debugging skills
- Familiarity with Automation framework, different components and tools such as selenium webdriver
- Highly motivated tech geek who is a self/quick learner
- Casual yet professional attitude towards each individual
- Excellent written and verbal communication and explanation skill
- Technical, thorough and detailed oriented
- Hands on experience on QA Automation
- AWS or other Cloud Computing/Micro services
- Experience with Log/Error monitoring tools
- Cross Browser testing tools: Browserstack, Saucelabs
- Release Management and Project Management experience is plus !
- e-Commerce platform
- Competitive Salary + Equity Package
- Health, Dental & Vision with 100% employee coverage
- Three Weeks Paid Vacation
- Discounts on The World's Best Flowers (obviously!)
- Work on cutting edge new technologies
- Cold brew coffee, beer on tap, and fully stocked state of the art kitchen with a fabulous indoor / outdoor lunch area.