The Senior QA Engineer will be joining a seasoned team of engineers upgrading to a state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure. This is a critical position in the organization accountable for achieving high-quality standards in the execution of a portfolio of applications supporting our healthcarefinance and operations initiatives. The scope of responsibility includes the following:
- Lead the development of the overall QA strategy and development of QA best practices, policies, and test processes that will drive a culture of high quality delivery within an agile software development process.
- Develop and execute test plans to achieve automated and manual functional testing, as well as, regression, integration, UAT, load, and performance testing.
- Design and develop automated test suites to ensure high quality and a high level of test coverage.
- Track and report software defects for review by the engineering team.
- Execute QA forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, reported defects, and performance and scalability issues.
- Develop metrics-based reporting and KPIs to analyze quality of software and release-readiness.
- Remains current on industry standards in test automation methodologies and tools.
- Actively identifies and recommends areas of automation and provide solutions to improve the QA process.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and incorporate them into a QA framework.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
3+ years with automation testing tools such as Ranorex, Selenium, SoapUI, XUnit, Microsoft MTM or equivalent.
Experience with cross-browser and cross-device testing.
Experience working in a highly collaborative agile software development environment with continuous integration and test-driven development.
Technical understanding of multi-tier web applications and RESTful Web Services.
Strong working knowledge of at least one scriptinglanguage such as Python or Ruby.
Working knowledge of SQL Server or PostgreSQL RDBMS.
Working knowledge of XML and JSON.
Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication.
The following additional skills would be beneficial:
Working knowledge of cloud computing environments such as Microsoft Azure.
Working knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or equivalent.