$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
San Diego, CA 92101
Industry: Information Technology•
5 - 7 years
Posted 27 days ago
We are seeking an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer with an unwavering passion for excellence in System Software Quality Engineering and the proven skills and experience to transform that passion into continuous improvement and consistent excellence in release validation. The candidate will work withDevelopers, Dev QA and other SQA Engineers to help define, implement and improve the system-wide validation and verification of our Media & Content Delivery Network Products. Responsibilities of a Software Quality Engineer include Developing System-level test plans, creating, enhancing and executing manual system tests and automated system tests written in Python and Perl. Diagnosing, debugging and performing root-cause analysis of issues and defects, and workingwith other SQA Engineers testing existing and new features and functionality tohelp ensure consistently high release confidence. This individual will be faced with Complex Software automation and verification challenges and opportunities, with a mission to release high quality application/system software that is highlyresilient and optimally performing on very large distributed networks.
As a Senior QA Engineer you will:
* Perform automated and manual functional, white-box, system integration, negative, boundary, load, performance, resiliency and End to End Product tests for Akamai's Media & Content Delivery Network Products.
* Contribute to System test methodologies, test plans and highly effective test automation.
* Create, deploy and maintain automated system tests to replicate real-world scenarios.
* Review functional requirements and design documents, RFC, specification, bug descriptions etc. and incorporating this information into test plans and test cases.
About the Team
Dynamic Media System Quality Assurance group is responsible for extensive testing across all the Products and Technologies developed by the Media Content Delivery Network Engineering team. This group is knowledgeable about all Media Delivery products, technologies and focuses on real-world, end-to-end testing to ensure all of Akamai's Systems integrate well. In addition, this group works on automated testing infrastructure and systematic test case tracking to increase Efficiency within the Quality Assurance process.
Required Education and Experience:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Masters degree
* 5+ years of software quality, product testing and/or development engineering experience overall
* 3+ years of experience in Server-side SQA and scripts/test automation development engineering experience
* 3+ years of hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux Operating System
* 3+ years of hands-on networking experience including HTTP, DNS, and TCP/IP Networking Protocols
* Education: Master's Degree or greater in Computer Science
* Strong Analytical Skills, attention to detail and Excellent Problem Solving/troubleshooting skills
* Python, Perl/Object Oriented Perl, Selenium and/or shell scripting skills is a great plus
* Knowledge of/experience with OpenSSL, IPv6 and IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack is a strong plus
* Experience with Linux internals, large-scale/distributed Systems testing
* Excellent Oral and Written Communications Skills
* Highly driven, positive attitude, team player, self-motivated and very flexible
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure.
Valid Through: 2019-10-16