JumpCloud is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join the Device Management Engineering Teams. Our Device Management organization is changing the way IT admins and users securely use their devices to get work done. Our unique development approach brings fast-paced SaaS methodologies to a traditionally stagnant and slow moving environment. Our Go agent running on customer laptops evolves quickly (weekly releases!?!) and gives IT admins instant access to thousands of data points about their heterogeneous environment. We believe giving admins a secure platform for their users enables our customers to move fast, stay secure, and save time. Our Device Management team is at the heart of this vision. Come join us!
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll learn and over time become an expert in the JumpCloud product.
- You’ll cross-functionally collaborate to contribute to ideas, approach, sizing, and create test plans / cases for stories within our Agile/Scrum workflow.
- You’ll execute manual and automated tests against our internal APIs and device components.
- You’ll write Jira cards as needed for discovered issues, work with the team on resolution of issues, and progress release candidates through our CI/CD pipeline.
- You’ll collaborate with other QA and engineering staff to understand, utilize, and evolve our BDD automated testing, including creating/enhancing BDD test automation to cover sprint functionality.
- You'll work in an Agile team with a focus on delivering incremental value often. Together we’re building the future of cloud-based secure access to devices, apps and IT resources for people working anywhere.
We’re looking for:
- 8+ years of software quality test planning, test case creation, manual testing, creating issue tickets, and collaborating in an Agile QA process.
- Skilled in testing components running on devices , web apps and APIs, including setup/configuration of test environments and tools.
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end working closely with software engineers and technical product managers.
- Experience testing large-scale applications, SaaS applications in the cloud (AWS a plus!) or large, distributed systems.
- Willingness to perform manual testing where needed.
- Experience with rapid product release cycles and a passion to understand and apply an agile approach to software development and testing.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery pipelines and associated tools.
- Strong team player that wants to win together with flexibility to adapt and maintain productivity in a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Deep experience with at least one of the following Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux.
- Prior experience working in small, dynamic, fast-paced startup companies or projects.
- Experience in using tools to automate API testing such as familiarity with Gherkin, PyTest and/or other test automation tools.
- Experience deploying, installing and configuring apps / tools on cloud-based servers in addition to your local workstation.
- Experience coding, preferably in Python, but other languages qualify.