Who Will Love This Job
- A team player: You collaborate with other team members to solve problems and work together to achieve deadlines and departmental goals.
- A problem-solver: You use your technical background and experience to solve difficult problems. You constantly look for areas of improvement and seek out solutions.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Someone who is process-driven: You follow established processes and also looks for areas where operations could be more efficient or otherwise improved.
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You are full of energy for the things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
What You'll Do
The Engineering Team at Cherwell is a highly skilled group of full stack software and quality engineers who are passionate about highly performant, optimized and discoverable code. The key responsibilities of this job include:
- Support the manual QA testing activities of Cherwell Software.
- Assist in writing and executing product-specific use cases and test plans.
- Create and execute manual and automated test cases.
- Understand automation framework fundamentals and automation scenarios.
- Run and monitor automated test suites and report failures.
- Write stable automation code that improves automation coverage.
- Utilize defect tracking applications and report bugs promptly.
- Assist in building and configuring test environments.
- Perform smoke, system, integration, automation, performance and regression testing to ensure code is functioning as designed.
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of project documentation.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Ability to perform tasks such as test planning, system configuration, data creation and application software verification to ensure products meet design specifications and functionality requirements.
- Five plus years of automated framework, automated test, and automated tools development.
- Ability to write, modify, and execute automated tests using programming languages and automation tools such as Selenium, Protractor, and Ranorex.
- Understanding of automated test best practices, build and release workflows, deployment in a .NET environment and infrastructure bottlenecks.
- Experience with REST API automation.
- Two years of experience with C# .NET.
- Experience with Windows, VMWare, REST API, C#, PowerShell.
- Proficiency with SCCS, preferably Git.
- Strong experience with SQL/TSQL on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Utilize and promote software QA best practices and procedures.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, especially Scrum.
- Apply attention to detail to produce consistently high-quality software deliverables.
Nice to Have
- Proficiency working with thick client and browser applications.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, SAML.
- Experience with web service technologies and testing.
- Exposure configuring and testing 3rd party integrations using REST APIs.
- Experience conducting performance and load testing.
- Experience with security and vulnerability testing.
- Understanding of SDLC and product release management activities.
- Experience with testing localized software products.
- Experience with accessibility testing.
- Familiarity with the ITAM/ITSM industry, ITIL V3 foundations and other related standards.
Who you are:
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You share our enthusiasm for a work environment that is fast-paced and growing
- You enjoy being collaborative and pursuing others' success as strongly as our own
- You are constantly challenging yourself to bring positive impact to those around you
- You prioritize being socially responsible and contributing to a greater purpose
The benefits you love:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, & more
- Generous PTO plan for employees that includes up to 8 hours for community service
- 401K with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations