Senior QA Automation Engineer
We are building a world-class engineering team with diversified skills and backgrounds. As the leader in in-app video advertising, we are taking on a challenge that has never been solved: how to fundamentally change the mobile advertising industry to have ads make sense for users, application developers, and advertisers.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with software engineers and product managers primarily based in Canada and the UK. As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you will play an important part in our company’s product development process. You will be responsible for conducting tests to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs. You will push testing towards automation, utilizing the best QA frameworks, and advocating for quality.
This role can be fully based or hybrid based out of the New York City office.
- Review technical design documents to identify QA requirements, to provide QA feedback and QA effort needs.
- Document and maintain test plans and test cases.
- Develop and run automated tests to validate functionality and performance of the software.
- Monitor and review the results of automated and performance tests, and make results visible to other members of the team.
- Contributes to automated test methods, procedures, and standards.
- Identify and track recurring issues and design automated testing to prevent future recurrence.
- Perform manual testing as a necessary step to creating quality automation.
- Execute regular regression tests and take responsibility for the release quality.
- Debug the issues effectively and track defects closely with the development team and evaluate the fixes.
- Conduct root-cause analysis for problems encountered during testing and provide recommendations on resolution.
- Use strong analytical skills to solve complex problems in a timely manner while adapting to changing priorities
- 5+ years of experience testing complex applications and their interactions with integrated products.
- 3+ years working knowledge of QA automation frameworks for testing web applications at the UI and API level.
- Experience with front-end and back-end testing methodologies.
- Experience with both manual as well as automated approaches, and willingness to engage in both.
- Excellent knowledge of QA automation architecture, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Experience working with test frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, or others.
- Working-level experience with Continuous Integration using Jenkins, Maven, Git, etc.
- Experience using test case management tools such as TestRail.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and debugging skills.
Nice to Have:
- Previous Ad Tech and/or SaaS experience is welcomed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Self-motivation to work well with little direction.