Senior QA Automation Engineer
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building cutting edge systems to provide a world-class user experience to our customers and partners, aggregate mountains of data to make real-time lending decisions, and of course move lots of money every day. We have an emphasis on scalability, reliability and accuracy.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer at OnDeck, you will:
- Work with a development team to ensure quality during the Agile development lifecycle: architecture, story definition, development, testing, and release.
- Write test automation to cover critical integrations and end-to-end workflow – especially when we’re developing cool new things!
- Create test tools and processes to tackle the hard problems and help us scale effectively.
- Make a meaningful contribution to the company by working to integrate major financialpartners with our platform.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- You are enthusiastic about improving software quality, find inspiration in cutting-edge technology, and enjoy working in a start-up environment.
- You are proactive about learning our systems, ask a lot of questions, and tackling hard problems using new tools.
- You have 3 – 5 years in a Quality Assurance role, preferably in an enterprise-focused or start-up environment, as well as recent experience with test automation.
- Experience working with clients
- You can demonstrate strong technical skills in your current position including:
- Programming (Python a plus!)
- Relational database queries (Postgres a plus!)
- Linux and shell scripting
- You can demonstrate experience building and maintaining an end-to-end test automation suite. We’re looking for people with experience automating front (e.g. Selenium) and back end (e.g. data validity, REST APIs, jobs) systems, behavior-driven development frameworks (e.g. Cucumber or Robot Framework), and CI (e.g. Jenkins).
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Deep knowledge and curiosity about technology and systems. Our applications run in virtualized servers or in the cloud, talk to each other through networks and load balancer, and save data in databases and CRM. The more we know about the system, the better we can support our teams!
- Knowledge of software engineering best-practices and passion to help your team find solutions.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014