uShip is seeking a talented individual to join our team as a full time Senior QA Analyst. This individual will be a part of the uShip Engineering team, which is charged with helping to build and grow the uShip site and marketplace for mobile and web.
This position will work as the QA lead in an Agile environment with a cohesive and experienced team, with the opportunity to greatly influence the direction of the uShip web and mobile experience. If you are a motivated, smart, and driven individual who wants to work in an energetic and entrepreneurial environment with outstanding career and growth opportunities, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Work with an Agile project team (Project Manager, Designers, Developers, Scrum Master & other QA) in a collaborative environment
- Organize, write, and share detailed test plans
- Document and prioritize defects and bugs, and work with the team to resolve
- Query databases in order to set up test scenarios
- Run and monitor automated tests for UI using Selenium WebDriver and NUnit
- Run and monitor API tests using HttpClient and NUnit
- Manual testing across supported devices/OS as needed
- Mentor QA Analyst I and QA Analyst II level team members and assist their development
- Act as a representative for the QA Department in high level project kickoff and brainstorming sessions.
- Strong test plan and test case creation skills
- Great communication skills
- Cross browser testing experience on PC, Mac, various mobile platforms and emulators
- Demonstrated knowledge of the SDLC, especially in the analysis of software design and code development and its application to testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a passion for testing
- 4 years minimum of experience with manual and automated web testing (and/or testing native mobile apps on iOS, Android and mobile web)
- Demonstrated knowledge of native mobile app & API interaction
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL/relational databases
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Able to write and maintain automated test scripts for both web UI (Selenium Webdriver) and RESTful API (using C#, Java, or any other OOP language)
- Experienced in continuous integration & continuous deployment environments
- Familiarity with no-SQL databases such as Mongo/Raven
- Experienced in working as an embedded tester within an AgileScrum or Kanban team
WHY WORK AT USHIP?
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Paid health and dental insurance
- Annual uShip Free Shipping Allowance ($500)
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Dog friendly
- Casual dress code
- And so much more!
uShip is the world’s first and largest shipping marketplace. Consumers and businesses can compare and book bids from hundreds of thousands of customer-reviewed transportation service providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. Customers save money and service providers use their empty cargo space – everyone wins! We’re an Internet company focused on solving a real-world problem and having loads of fun along the way.