As a Senior QA Analyst, you will partner with System Analysts, Development and System Operations to ensure business, technical, and operational requirements are satisfied within the required time frame with no adverse impact to existing functionality or operational processes.
This role will be responsible for the design, development and execution of testing of all clearinghouse functionality. This role is accountable for establishing and evolving test coverage that aligns with existing test strategies. This is achieved by first understanding the business, technical, and operational requirements and then building comprehensive test scenarios which are reviewed with the project team. After these scenarios have been reviewed with all stakeholders, you will be expected to develop associated test data, execute test cases, and report any defects encountered. As a member of the QA team, you are responsible for every line of code delivered into customer facing environments.
Must be results-oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment. This role requires frequent interaction with quantitative analysts, systems analysts and developers. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential as this position interfaces with differing Technology roles. In addition, on-going documentation will be required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prefer knowledge of OTC Credit Derivatives and/or other interest rate or other OTC derivatives – CDS, Structured Products, Interest Rate Products, Options
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software QA/Testing preferably on one or more large, highly transactional systems deployed and used in production.
- Prefer 5+ years experience working in UNIX/Linux and SQL/Oracle environments.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and decision making ability.
- Reports activities to management through daily stand up meetings, formal updates, project team meeting and other reports as needed.
- Adheres to corporate and department standards, policies and procedures. Contributes to the development and refinement of department standards, processes and procedures
- Researches and recommends technology solutions
- Strong knowledge of Java and object oriented system technologies
- Solid knowledge of development practices and application architecture
- Develops knowledge and/or experience in the following areas
- Business functionality
- High level programming languages
- Operations, Technical Support and Production Control operating environment
- Department standards, guidelines and procedures
- Primary Technologies
- Core Java
- Spring (Core, Boot, Cloud, Batch, Security, Integration)
- Source Code Management (git)
- Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory, JUnit, TestNG
- Oracle, MongoDB
- Microservice Architecture
- REST, WebSockets
- PSQL, JDBC, JPA, Liquibase
- Sencha(EXT, Touch), AJAX, Electron, Node, Node.js
- JMS, WebSphere MQ, ActiveMQ
- Education and/orExperience (IncludesCertificates, Licenses, Registrations that may be required or preferred)
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four year college or university with a major in computer science or mathematics; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competencies are the skills and behaviors that are critical both to your personal performance and to ICE’s continued success. The core competencies apply to every member of staff working for ICE.
- Offers time and/or assistance to colleagues; is widely regarded and respected as someone to go to for help
- Fosters friendly and cooperative relationships with others; colleagues enjoy working with the
- Shares knowledge and mentors staff; works to develop others’ knowledge as well as own
- Gives and shares credit as appropriate
- Contributes to recruiting and training efforts of others, including candidate referrals, job interviews and mentoring
- Attends and participates in company and department level functions inside and outside of the office
Problem-Solving & Decision-Making
- Demonstrates an understanding of the urgent nature of our business and the need to proactively find and fix problems quickly and effectively takes ownership and follows through on decisions; doesn’t minimize or forget about problems
- Determines and fixes root causes rather than just treating symptoms
- Applies novel techniques to solve problems that are more ambiguous; challenges long-held beliefs when necessary
- Quickly and effectively identifies alternative solutions and the pros/cons of each; confirms that a proposed solution has no unintended consequences
- Takes steps to mitigate risk
- Consults with colleagues and recommends solutions based on the best interests of customers and shareholders, even when the opinion is unpopular
- Actively listens and speaks to, not over, others
- Uses clear and constructive language orally and in writing
- Communicates important developments to the relevant and appropriate audiences in a timely and consistent manner
- Asks follow-up questions to ensure all points are understood
- Takes time to objectively listen to all viewpoints before forming an opinion
- Builds consensus among differing views
Professionalism & Integrity
- Makes a positive impression; represents the company well on the phone and in person, including maintaining attire and appearance that is consistent with company image and appropriate for employee’s role
- Models a ‘can-do’ attitude and takes initiative as a self-starter; inspires and motivates others to do the same
- Embraces, rather than resists, additional responsibilities
- Refrains from office gossip; settles rather than creates conflict with and between others
- Exhibits desired work habits including regular office hours and extra hours when necessary while minimizing breaks and non-work related activities
- Adheres to all corporate policies; makes prudent use of company resources