Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is currently looking for a Senior QA Analyst to join our Episys Card Services team in our San Diego office. Our Senior QA Analyst works with two other members of the team to assure quality of new and existing Episys and Candlestick card services products by executing test plans and scripts to verify that new or modified software programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. Our card services offerings include software related to ATM, Debit, Credit and Shared Branching. In addition, this role communicates and coordinates results with impacted departments and tracks statistical information for review.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in quality assurance, software testing, or software engineering.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree.
- Java or PL/1 testing experience.
- Experience working with Hewlett Packard ALM.
- Test automation background.
- CSTE certification.
- Programming experience.
- Work in the card services industry.
- Hands-on work with Episys software.
- Familiar with Orthoginal Array Testing, or similar testing techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of the SDLC.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing lifecycle.
- Excellent understanding of test design and testing methodologies.
- Able to facilitate the software quality certification function with accuracy and timeliness.
- Able to review system and functional requirements and extract data to use in preparing test plans and scripts.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Able to define highly complex test cases and scenarios.
- Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products. Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected. Reports test results and status as appropriate. Track defects and causal analyses to closure. Acts independently to review and certify test results of other analysts and testers.
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, or scope documents.
- Helps set standards for test design.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements.
- Coordinates and performs highly complex testing projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that testing projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Supports and advocates established testing procedures and may provide input to establish those procedures.
- Prepares test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
- Plans, coordinates, and reports the test activities of others as assigned. Performs test reviews.
- Develops and creates test design frameworks and teaches team members how to implement testing processes.
- Keeps abreast of software industry "Best Practices" and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
- May assist with automated scripts from team members.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May lead education and training, alpha, beta, and certification testing, and changes for documentation update or correction.
- Cross-trains and mentors less experienced QA team members.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha, beta, and certification testing, may prepare enhancement test plans used at client sites.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.