$80K — $100K *
You will be working with a team of developers and test a suite of products and applications. Time to market is critical for this team. This team is responsible for developing MVPs leveraging innovative technology and agile methodology. The QA analyst needs to test on different platforms including front end UI, backend API and batch scripting process. This position offers an excellent opportunity for technical and professional growth.
The key traits, responsibilities and functions of the role include:
• Perform investigative, and ad hoc testing on various platforms, including Web GUI, mobile apps, API services and data analytics feed.
• Develop and coordinate all testing artifacts and activities (Test Strategy, Test Plan, test cases, Test Automation Scripts and test results).
• Write automated and manual tests necessary to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features as well as overall system behavior.
• Provide feedback to the developers regarding code efficiency and ensure that the user experience is optimal.
• Identity key performance metrics to evaluate and provide information on data quality and integrity.
• Diagnose issues, report defects, assess weak points.
• Evaluate assignments/requests, properly prioritize tasks and/or projects, and solve problems under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints.
• Develop and further maintain and improve our automation testing framework, automation tests.
• Focus on achieving the target while minding longer-term goals along the way, and are comfortable changing project focuses frequently.
• Apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve product and process quality.
• Work with team to follow system test plans, ensure software quality assurance standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
• Interface with product management, scrum master, developers, DBA for design, development and product reviews.
• Track and report development progress and performance daily.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to work effectively within a diverse team and to communicate with others.Education and Requirements:
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a consistent record of professional and personal achievement. Creativity, initiative, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit are a must, in addition to the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related field with significant software and computer science course work
• 5+ years of proven experience in QA testing
• 5+ years testing Web applications (desktop, tablets, other mobile devices)
• 4+ years’ experience testing Rest APIs, web services via SOAP UI/ Restful web services
• 4+ years hands on experience creating automated test scripts for Web Applications using Selenium, RPA or any equivalent tool
• 3+ years’ experience creating API/web services automation scripts in SOAP UI or Cucumber.
• 2+ years’ experience testing performance using JMeter, Load runner or any equivalent tool.
• 3+ years’ experience writing SQL queries to perform backend data validations.
• Hands on experience in developing frameworks like TestNG, xUNIT
• Experience Testing with UNIX Shell scripts or SQL scripts is a Plus
• Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle and Agile development methodology.
• Excellent communication, analytical, troubleshooting, and time management skills.
• Ability to seamlessly transition between projects and technology
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Valid through: 12/16/2020