$100K — $150K *
Raymond James is looking for a Senior Python Developer to join its Data Science team. This individual will be responsible for architecting, building and operationalizing enterprise-scale Python based machine learning applications as a core service. This will include taking models developed by data scientists and integrating it in with the rest of the company’s platform. The goal will be to bring machine learning and optimization models into production together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, business analysts, strategic partners, product managers and domain experts. This is a new role within the organization, so the desire and ability to quickly ramp up and grow into a technical lead as we continue to build out the team will be crucial for long term success.
• Partners with data scientists, data engineers, analysts, subject matter experts and business stakeholders to operationalize Python based models and deliver insights to the business.
• Architects Python platforms which are highly modular, scalable, and responsive; and that serve as a foundation for building key enterprise Data Science components. Ensures that the Machine Learning code, models and pipelines are deployed successfully into production, and troubleshoots issues that arise.
• Automates model training and testing and deployment via machine learning continuous delivery pipelines.
• Builds data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for internal business operations, customers and partners
• Involved in all aspects of SDLC process from requirements, design, and build through deployment.
• Translates business requirements into working foundational components for platform thus ensuring functional and non-functional aspects are met.
• Defines strategic direction and develops tactical plans. Works with application and infrastructure teams to provision platform components.
• Effectively identifies opportunities for change, implements change and introduces new concepts, procedures, policies and tools while providing a clear explanation of benefits and purpose.
• Documenting architectural standards, best practices and mentoring application teams on developing highly distributed, resilient and responsive applications.
• Serves as the primary point of contact on the most complex or escalated issues and may provide direction and guidance to team members.
• Understands and incorporates best practices in security and data protection.
• Minimum of a B.S/M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related degree and five to seven (5-7) years of related experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience with architecting and designing enterprise scalable Python applications. Experience with Machine Learning and Data Science methodologies preferred.
• Experience implementing and integrating with RESTful API services in Python and building scalable and secure Python ML applications incorporating authentication and authorization dimensions.
• Well versed in resiliency and scalability dimensions including instrumenting Python run time environment, web server configuration and elastic container infrastructure.
• Experienced with deploying and managing elastic infrastructures based on Docker / Kubernetes footprint and cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
• Experience implementing Python development best practices, modular and resilient assets, abstracting common capabilities as reusable libraries and well versed with various types of storage mechanisms ex: S3 bucket, Oracle DB, BigQuery etc.
• Experienced in automated build and deployment pipelines including static scan analysis, code coverage through unit tests, ability to debug, triage and resolve functional and code optimization issues.
• Experience with distributed version control systems and tools (Github/Git) and with automating application deployment, continuous delivery, and continuous integration (Jenkins)
• Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Familiarity with AI/ML platforms, technologies (e.g. TensorFlow, scikit-learn, Spark ML/MLlib, etc.)
• Familiarity with Big Data technologies (ex: HDFS, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka etc.)
• None required.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
• Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
• Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
• Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
• Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
• Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
Valid through: 8/25/2020