Kennedy Jenks is an employee-owned firm providing engineering and scientific solutions for innovative water and environmental projects since 1919. We deliver exceptional service and highly qualified professional staff to solve the unique challenges of public agencies and private industry clients across the United States.
The Senior Pursuit Manager manages key pursuits, and is responsible for strategy development, positioning activities, and directing teams of marketing and technical staff to achieve winning outcomes.
- Works directly with client team leaders to formulate Client Engagement Plans for winning pursuits with strategic, key and targeted clients.
- Works with Senior Marketing Coordinators and Marketing Coordinators to direct formulation of pursuit strategies and plans.
- Directs the efforts of Senior Marketing Coordinators and Marketing Coordinators for large or complex proposals and interviews.
- High-Level Leadership. Partners with marketing and operations Client Directors and Client Team Leaders to manage and develop compelling and differentiated strategies to maximize business success.
- Key Pursuit Management. Manages the entire life cycle of key pursuits, from inception to closure. Develop and implement the winning strategy by directing positioning activities (Miller Heiman blue sheet, green sheet, yellow sheet) and action items.
- Building / Maintaining Client Relationships. Maintains client relationships by attending external meetings (client de-briefs, pre-proposal meetings, conferences, special events), events attended by clients.
- Mentoring and Training. Provides leadership in mentoring and assessing capabilities of marketing staff.
- 10+ years of related experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development strategies and tactics, as well as a solid comprehension of the industry
- Strong marketing writing, editing, and marketing research skills
- Proven ability to manage large, complex client engagement plans as well as proposal and interview efforts
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to effectively prioritize multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office
- Completion of Miller-Heiman training is preferred, along with experience as facilitator of blue, green, and yellow sheet sessions with ability to think strategically, and formulate a plan for winning new work
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers and clients, internally and externally
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy Jenks provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including stock ownership opportunities; profit sharing; and excellent health, dental, and life insurance.
Kennedy Jenks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.