Senior Public Relations Manager-021340
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The Role Hitachi is searching for a seasoned, creative and passionate public relations professional to drive tier-one media coverage of its award-winning product and solutions portfolio. Outstanding media relations skills, strategic planning, messaging and storytelling are core responsibilities of this role. The senior public relations manager must be able to synthesize complex information on diverse subject matter, and integrate data gathered from multiple sources into clear, concise and compelling communications. The successful candidate will balance proactive strategy with flawless execution.
- Develop strong relationships with tier-one media outlets to drive proactive media coverage of Hitachi Vantara’s products and solutions.
- Identify opportunities to develop a strong external voice for the company to highlight Hitachi’s thought leadership on a variety of topics.
- Identify and manage issues through rigorous planning and seamless interaction with a variety of stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional communications and business colleagues proactively to bring the right information and insights into each communication.
- Team with communications leads at other Hitachi group companies to ensure alignment and integration on key messages.
- Mentor, direct and guide junior team members and contractors on areas ranging from strategy to project execution.
- Oversee public relations agency partners to drive results on time and on budget.
- 7+ years in marketing, public relations, journalism or related fields.
- Strong business acumen, including the ability to understand and relay complex information about emerging technology trends.
- Ability to build trust and interact with executives and team members with confidence, proactively driving communications outcomes and providing insightful counsel.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, proactive and willing to take calculated risks to achieve measurable results.
- Able to work both independently or as part of a team.
- Mastery in writing and editing for different audiences and different vehicles (e.g. Web copy, blogs, press releases) is critical.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality work with limited guidance, delivering results calmly and with good judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in infrastructure, software or IoT.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong proficiency with:
- MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Social media platforms
- Analytics/reporting/measurement tools
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.