- Strategy: Build and execute strategic PR calendar, including message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
- Public Relations: Manage the relationship target media contacts/publications and seek out new individuals/publications as we expand our offering into new markets. Successfully pitch and place profile pieces, news stories, bylines, and thought leadership.
- Research: Demonstrate skill and a genuine interest in the research and analysis of current industry/market trends and sustain the company’s narrative.
- Social Media: Develop and execute social media strategy; own social media presence across LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Editorial Calendar: Write and/or edit all news releases and public statements while maintaining high editorial standards. Act as an embedded reporter in the business, identifying and developing storylines that advance the company’s business objectives.
- Metrics: Set quantitative and qualitative metrics and results to evaluate the effectiveness of PR strategies and ensure quality standards. Proactively seek, compile, and report on feedback from recipients, both internal and external.
- Content Creation: Help the development of content that supports outbound engagements and communications such as infographics, presentations, blogs, briefing documents, social media, and videos.
- Superb Communicator: Top notch written and verbal skills and outstanding ability to communicate messages clearly and concisely. Experienced with conveying complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences with ability to tailor messages accordingly.
- Proactive: You act without being told what to do and frequently bring new ideas to the company. You love looking at things from different angles.
- Relentless: You take “no” as a challenge, not as an ending. You are not deterred by the media and thrive in building relationships with them.
- Organized: You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various work streams on track.
- Experienced: Minimum 5+ years of excellent writing, editing, and copy-editing experience in corporate communications, PR, or journalism within the legal industry. You have a proven track record across a variety of audience groups and channels along with a broad understanding of brand marketing principles, strategy and techniques.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or any other related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable.
About the team: We’re all about freedom. InCloudCounsel is on a mission to free companies from antiquated legal processes and corporate lawyers from outdated work models. We’re a group of former Big Law lawyers, business professionals, and engineers working together to modernize the legal industry. The people behind developing our product, servicing our customers and lawyer partners, and driving our business operations are dynamic individuals who have also achieved the freedom to do what’s important to them - they’re musicians, dancers, photographers, sailors, surfers, world travelers, home flippers, and animal lovers - and our freedom inspires us to free others.
- Flexible compensation package that allows employees to participate in long term company growth
- Semi-weekly lunch perk
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K, pre-tax benefits
- Parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Annual professional development stipend
- Remote work flexibility
- Work from home budget