The legal profession is all about meeting challenges and finding solutions. We’re looking for an experienced Public Relations Manager who shares our passion for delivering innovative, business-focused solutions, the highest level of client service, to thrive in our team-oriented culture. The Senior PR Manager is responsible for five workstreams: containing/managing crises; directing the firm’s agencies to implement PR strategies on a local, regional and national level; building and maintaining internal and external (media) relationships; helping articulate and realize a differentiated content strategy and execution; and working with the great Communications team to integrate all communications.
- In collaboration with the firm’s external agencies, conceptualize and implement innovative communications plans and solutions to achieve the firm’s PR goals and objectives, positioning and credentialing the firm in public forums, with media, government, and target industry sectors.
- Ensure that all agencies develop robust interchanges with assigned local firm offices (and with each other) and identify and execute appropriate media outreach and success.
- Teaming with the Manager of Digital Communications to establish, simplify, and contribute to an overall communications dashboard highlighting all of the department’s metrics.
Media Relations and Crisis Management
- Proactively identify and help realize key strategic PR opportunities in segments reflecting the firm’s core practice areas and industries.
- Counsel attorneys and offices about relative merits and alternatives for media and PR opportunities.
- Quickly respond to incipient crises, collaborating with key firm stakeholders to manage incidents and decrease/eliminate visibility.
- Respond to ongoing, regular media inquiries and opportunities, serving as the primary interface with media and liaising with the firm’s PR agencies.
- Coordinate media training for select partner spokespeople, as needed or directed.
- Build close-knit relationships with practice and industry marketers, aligning with most current firm initiatives and BD goals as well as identifying opportunities to cross-fertilize events and other firm initiatives with PR.
- Work closely with firm leadership, key Office Managing Partners and attorneys to embed understanding of value of PR and of media counsel as well as an awareness of the range of services offered.
Integrated Marketing Communications
- Partnering with Digital Communications Manager and appropriate practice/industry marketers, enable the first pilot of an integrated campaign and merchandise success.
- Build out the steps to realizing a true Integrated Marketing function, after the campaign pilot, and socialize/get buy-in from key stakeholders; implement in stages.
- Help develop a more robust firm content strategy based on client needs, firm objectives, and key strengths.
- Establish solid understanding of clients through online and traditional marketing research.
- In tandem with Digital Communications Manager, analyze existing data to identify trends and anticipate client needs; determine any missing content gaps and plan for fulfillment.
- Create tools that will drive high-performing content – style guides, editorial calendar/framework, audits, among others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field required; law degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in Public Relations and/or Communications required.
- Prior law firm or professional services experience preferred.
- Prior experience managing a team preferred.