Come join us as part of a small Intel Labs team exploring quantum computer systems engineering and architecture. You will be helping to build the quantum machines of tomorrow.
This position is part of a small Intel Labs team exploring the potential of quantum computer architecture in simulation. The researcher will:
- Design in simulation a reliable quantum computer architecture that can efficiently execute quantum algorithms,
- Explore the performance of qubit technology alternatives, and collaborate with algorithm, qubit control, and qubit technology researchers to explore hardware/software trade-offs,
- Optimize the mapping of specific quantum algorithms/applications to alternative hardware architectures to inform Intel research teams on applications with potential quantum speed-up,
- Collaborate with researchers at universities, research consortia, government agencies and industry thought leaders in order to tap into the latest findings and collaborate on research journal publications.
- Ph.D. in CSCI, CE, EE or related field
- Experience in researching and designing new gates for quantum computing applications.
- Experience developing both hardware and software tools.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver significant results in a multidisciplinary environment. This position requires close collaboration with both hardware and software teams.
- Experience with error correction code and its effect on quantum architecture requirements.