Boeing is recruiting for a senior level Propulsion Engineer to lead the propulsion statement of work on one of these new product design, development and integration projects in the areas of Fixed Wing Aircraft and/or Missile Systems. The Flight Engineering Capability supports the business in all aspects of the product life cycle with propulsion engineering design, analysis, testing, integration, demonstration and certification. This position will serve as a lead for a team of engineers in the areas of propulsion system performance, inlet integration & performance, nozzle integration & performance, and/or propulsion controls integration in the design and analysis of flight vehicles and their components. This position could work in St Louis or St Charles, Missouri. Primary Responsibilities: • Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization. • Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity. • Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective. • Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives. • Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. • Leads, plans and performs propulsion system design and analysis for flight vehicles to ensure that the vehicle meets requirements. • Leads the development of new and improving existing technologies, tools and processes to enhance technology readiness, improve vehicle performance and reduce cycle time and cost. • Plans, conducts, coordinates and/or develops test requirements and evaluates test results to ensure compliance with requirements. • Develops Boeing responses to proposed regulations that impact cost, performance, producibility, maintainability and safety. • Trains and coaches others. • Works under minimal direction. The Flight Engineering Capability is an exciting organizational element in Boeing Defense, Space & Security responsible for Flight Engineering work statements. Product areas within the Flight Capability in the St. Louis/St. Charles region include Fighter Aircraft, Unmanned Aircraft, and Missiles/Weapons Systems, and includes Flight disciplines in Aerodynamics, Propulsion and GN&C. The set of specialized capabilities and skills maintained by our teammates are the foundation of what defines the majority of our Boeing products; things that FLY! The St. Louis region is growing, and Flight Engineering is looking for motivated, talented engineers to join the Boeing team on the exciting programs located in this region. Selected candidates will work a wide range of programs that will require Propulsion design, analysis and testing to meet our customers' requirements. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience): • Bachelors Degree required
• Experience in air breathing propulsion system analysis.
• Experience of propulsion design and analysis principles, tools, processes and methods for propulsion systems for air vehicles, including industry and company standards and practices and emerging capabilities; and ability to organize, lead, and perform propulsion design integration tasks within a multidisciplinary team environment.
• Experience with test principles, tools, and processes needed to lead, plan, conduct, coordinate, and/or develop test requirements; and advanced knowledge of multi-disciplinary wind tunnel, ground, flight, accident and incident, and product support testing of propulsion system characteristics, their components, or supporting technologies for integration on a flight vehicle.
• Knowledge of relevant multi-disciplinary requirements for test or analysis for showing compliance.
• Leads analyses and testing to determine that compliance requirements are met.
• Develops Boeing responses to proposed regulations that impact cost, performance, producibility, maintainability, and safety.
• Leads the development of new means of compliance.
• Trains and mentors less experienced personnel.
• Experience leading a team in the execution of the Propulsion engineering aspects of a project or program in the areas of total propulsion system performance, inlet performance & integration, nozzle performance & integration, and control system integration to bring the propulsion system to a technology readiness level to create and validate new designs and analysis processes.
• Experience with certification and/or qualification processes and procedures, including general knowledge of governing regulations and compliance requirements.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience): • Current active Secret U.S. Security Clearance
• ABET is the preferred not required
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.