Senior Proposal Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
As a Senior Proposal Specialist at Insight, you'll be responsible for providing support to the Sales organizations in the development of customized client deliverables (i.e. proposals, quotes, requests for information, presentations, etc.). You'll be tasked with bringing together the efforts of Sales, Operations, Services Practices, and various other resources to ensure the timely coordination and creation of client documentation (creative, legal, and business content) while meeting client driven deadlines.
What you'll do at Insight:
- Manages proposal team by scheduling and facilitating team meetings, communicating and tracking assignments, and controlling/completing the proposal response document from initial draft to final submission.
- Provides day-to-day review and oversight of other proposal team members’ output.
- Acquires and retains broad understanding of legal, bid and contract management processes to mitigate risk to company.
- Ensures company policies regarding review, approval, and signature authority are followed during the bid process.
- Conducts business and/or legal reviews for all assigned opportunities as required.
- Ensures proposal team follows all RFP bid processes and, coordinates the review process, as well as proofreading/editing documents.
- In collaboration with the proposal team, develops proposal response for assigned bid opportunities working with sales, technical, and services organization.
- Analyzes client RFPs for understanding of bid response, company requirements, and terms and conditions.
- Supports maintenance of boilerplate content, adding new content, editing, reviewing and/or retiring content as needed in SharePoint portal.
- Works collaboratively with teams in varying geographic locations and varying roles within the organization.
- Contributes to Bid Management initiatives as requested.
- Manages and drives larger, more complex and important strategic opportunities within the marketplace.
- Provides training of new hires in coordination with Proposal Manager.
- Continuingly strives to understand and relate Insight’s value-add proposition to all proposal submittals.
- Develops a practical knowledge of Insight’s offerings including Hardware, Software, and Services
- Tracks submitted opportunities for win/loss measurement and obtains bid tabs if lost, as directed by Proposal Manager.
- Interfaces with Proposal Manager and sales management as appropriate regarding bidding issues that require escalation.
- Supports other departmental functions and projects as directed / required by management.
What you'll need to join Insight:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in General Business required. Five years professional work experience in a sales environment, bid/proposal development, or related field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to share information and ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional writing skills to clearly and concisely write in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Strong organizational skills including accuracy, timeliness, and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure managing multiple activities and meeting established goals in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, and gain the trust and respect of those being supported at various levels within the organization.
- Exhibits high levels of energy and maintains a positive and professional attitude. We need a team player focused on team goals and prioritizing own work to ensure those goals are met!
- Open to changing environment and adopts business changes.
- Actively seeks development opportunities to increase knowledge and meet company training requirements.
- Intermediate or above working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.