What You Will Do
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Proposal Specialist to coordinate capture management activities and provide proposal management for Gannett Fleming’s strategic growth in the Northeast region with a primary focus on New York Metro and New Jersey in support of our transportation and facilities business lines. The ideal candidate has familiarity with the clients located in this geographic area and successful experience providing marketing, capture planning, and proposal management with other engineering and/or construction firms (i.e., A/E/C).
The Senior Proposal Specialist will work closely with regional business development and our operations leadership. This position is key to our BD support team and its ability to help influence and support the BD lifecycle from marketing to capture planning phase through proposal development, submittal, and sales interviews. This position will be closely integrated with the local operations leadership team as well as the BD support staff in the region.
The Senior Proposal Specialist will have the desire and ability to provide thoughtful, strategic input to capturing new work and growing our market share in transportation design and facilities services. This is a new position and provides an excellent opportunity to perform as a key contributor to our regional growth plan.
- Leads the implementation of client management support, capture planning support, and proposal management activities in close coordination with Client Managers, Capture Managers, and Project Managers for assigned pursuits and target clients
- Provides recommendations for and support to pre-positioning activities, including: assisting with pre-RFQ and pre-RFP activities such as: coordinating white papers; supporting client development; and organizing and facilitating capture management activities in alignment with Gannett Fleming Business Development Best Practices
- Reviews client business plans, market research, and capital improvement plans to help support the development of a sales pipeline in collaboration with client managers
- Researches targeted opportunities and uses CRM to effectively support and track clients and opportunities
- Leads Capture Management support activities such as: facilitating workshops; performing gap analysis; summarizing key value propositions and sales/win themes; and performing targeted client/opportunity-specific research
- Provides proposal development leadership to support a variety of proposals
- Provides clear, strategic, and informed writing and messaging for sales proposals and presentations, and provides editing support, proofing, and review of proposals, presentations, and SOQs.
- Participates in training and knowledge sharing activities and demonstrates progressive ability over time to incorporate best practices into daily work assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or applicable field related to Gannett Flemings’s core businesses.
- Minimum of 8 years of combined prior experience in positions of increasing responsibility and complexity in capture support, proposal management, and sales presentation support
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, time management, and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions while effectively driving integrated pursuit teams to produce high-quality deliverables
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in the AEC industry, preferably in transportation and/or facilities. Design-Build experience is a plus
- Superior ability to collaborate with internal business partners across our firm and maintain positive working relationships
- Understanding, training, and/or experience with industry best practices for capture and proposal management
- Experience with and understanding of Standard Form submittals for state-specific and municipal clients
- In-depth understanding of architectural, engineering, design, and/or construction management services for public and private sector clients
- Excellent leadership, professional writing/editing, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and work in fast-paced environment when required
- Competency in InDesign, Dynamics 365 CRM, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)