Our business is thriving, and the GPS team is looking for a sales-centric, experienced senior proposal manager. You will partner closely with functions including (but not limited to) Sales, Professional Services, Product Management/Marketing, Legal, Finance, Sales Operations, Information Security and other groups to orchestrate, create, and deliver compliant and compelling proposals in our Americas geography. You will also be responsible for helping to maintain our content library, build the team, train our stakeholders, and both define and refine processes based on company and industry-standard best practices.
What you get to do in this role:
- Review customer-defined scope, as well as business, technical, legal, and financial requirements and develop the strategy, plan, outline, and timetable to deliver a compelling, compliant response.
- Communicate customer requirements, allocate and orchestrate response tasks, and manage the proposal delivery process from inception to completion with large proposal teams. Be the focal point for team communication and meetings.
- Analyze customer needs and business drivers, and collaborate with cross-functional subject matter experts to gather and synthesize compelling win themes and business and technical responses that effectively communicate the benefits of our offerings and services with the goal to progress and win deals.
- Create, collect, edit, proofread, organize, format, and review content from proposal contributors, produce response drafts, and finalize editions of proposals for readability, consistent messaging, thought leadership, responsiveness, and compliance with customer requirements and ServiceNow business and legal policies and practices.
- Communicate with and train Sales, Solution Consultants and other cross-functional organizations on proposal best practices, policies, and processes/procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of proposals submitted as well as drafts, approvals, and other supporting documents.
- Collaborate with other team members as well as cross-functional subject matter experts to periodically review and update or retire proposal team tools, processes and procedures.
- Update our proposal content library to include the most timely, consistent, and currently relevant market, product, and services information.
- Provide mentoring to junior team members on company proposal processes and company or industry best practices.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8-10 years of proven experience in proposal processes and best practices in enterprise technology, IT business, SaaS/software, or related industries.
- Technical or university degree in business, communications, English, marketing, publishing, computer science or equivalent experiencepreferred.
- Excellent project leadership and project management capabilities
- Demonstrated experience producing RFI, RFP, or RFQ responses to generate high value contracts.
- The ability to comprehend, communicate, and cohesively orchestrate complex business, technical and legal requirements, information and materials.
- Strong experience or training in writing and editing, as well as document design.
- Expert knowledge of office productivity and other computer-based or online website proposal software. Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Desktop publishing and graphic design skills a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, the ability to build rapport and relationships, and the ability to collaborate with a broad and diverse population of internal and external team members
- Superior time management skills and the ability to manage multiple complex projects with overlapping or competing timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive and continuously deliver in a constantly changing, fast paced and team-oriented sales environment.
- Proven critical thinking and effective decision-making abilities.
- Understanding of sales lifecycle/stages and outcomes.
- Able to travel as needed for job-related functions, events and/or training
- Previous experience working in a SaaS internal customer database such as Financial, CRM or Technical Support is preferred.