The Buchanan & Edwards (BE) Senior Proposal Manager (PM) collaborates with Business Developers and Capture Managers to pursue and win federal contracts. The PM leads the proposal phase of the BE Sales Lifecycle, ensuring adherence to proposal best practices and processes. The PM provides strategic input to the graphics and text representation of BE’s marketing and communications to the federal government. The PM will produce specific results that increase BE’s win probability.
About the Role
Buchanan & Edwards offers a Senior Proposal Manager the opportunity to continue winning federal Information Technology, Intelligence, and Law Enforcement contracts. As a mid-sized company, the PM will have a great degree of autonomy in running proposal response teams while being supported by a superlative BE sales team.
The Senior Proposal Manager is responsible for lifecycle activities from near RFP release to post-submission of the proposal, providing leadership to local and geographically dispersed teams. The key responsibility of the PM is the timely submission of a compliant and compelling proposal. The PM will:
- Collaborate with Business Developers and Capture Managers in Win Strategy development
- Assess the solicitation and create and maintain the Annotated Outline, Proposal Schedule, and Proposal Team Staffing
- Develop whitepapers and presentations
- Review and confirm compliance of the proposal templates
- Conduct regular team calls to discuss status
- Manage periodic proposal reviews
- Direct content development and contribute to content development as needed
- Manage proposal end-game in preparation for submission
- Manage post-submission activities such as Orals preparation, Evaluation Notice responses, and document proposal lessons learned
- Provide additional support to BD and Capture as directed
- Provide periodic reporting to the Vice President of Business Development as requested
- Bachelor's Degree or commensurate experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in federal contracting and the federal sales lifecycle
- Extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation
- Proposal training in methodologies from Shipley, APMP, SM&A, or from a corporate proposal response center
- Documented win rate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Secret Clearance preferred.