Wiley Education Services uniquely understands the process of designing and implementing innovative learning experiences and comprehensive solutions that address today’s higher education challenges. We provide education solutions, including online program management services for higher education institutions and course management tools for instructors and students. Through trusted collaborative relationships, Wiley Education Services also provides innovative content, technology, services, and insights that support its education partners to achieve improved institutional performance and learners to achieve their goals.
Manage a team of Project Managers to ensure the timely delivery of marketing initiatives. This position’s primary purpose is to traffic, prioritize and assign a high-volume of small to large projects, balancing scope, time, and business value while maintaining a fast-paced, positive environment that promotes high performance standards. He/she uses advanced problem solving skills, business skills, solid verbal and written communication skills, excellent relationship building skills, as well as strong leadership and team management skills. He/she must have a solid understanding of project and traffic management approaches to manage multi-disciplinary projects and the flexibility to lead diverse, cross-functional teams to deliver balanced integrated solutions in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Responsible for the management, recruitment, and professional development of the project management team.
- Manage cross-functional traffic management and resource allocation of design, creative, development, channel and, quality assurance resources.
- Perform project governance review for all project requests. Manage the project intake review process, project approvals, and resource capacity planning.
- Oversee the administration of project management tools and applications.
- Responsible for marketing creative budget, contract approvals, payment processes and assignment of work to freelancers, agencies and other outsourced providers.
- Establish and track key project success metrics; provide regular updates on progress vs. goals to leadership; identify new opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field of study
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in project management, project traffic, production, and/or marketing management working in a digital agency, software development firm, or in house brand/creative department
- Solid knowledge of current project management, traffic management, resource allocation, and client service best practices.
- Experience with process identification, creation, improvement, optimization, and governance.
- Must have experience working in a high-volume digital shop.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing people who have both direct reporting lines and those who report to other managers within a matrixed organizational structure.
- Familiarity with web based project management tools and software packages.
- Functional understanding of graphic design, layout, and presentation
- Functional understanding of web technologies, content management systems, and editorial publishing management.
- Self starter and highly motivated. Ability to work independently and collaborative in fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership with managing people, locally and remotely.
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with vendors, handle situations with confidence, tact, and resourcefulness.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.