Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Seattle office. We are looking for enthusiastic critical thinkers and problem solvers that thrive on being engaged at all levels of the project. The Senior Project Manager acutely understands the opportunities and constraints of a given project and takes responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients. They understand how to manage and negotiate trade-offs to deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Senior Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules and financials to successfully deliver all aspects of the assignment.
What you’ll do:
- Work | Deliver work that is excellent, on time, on budget, and goes beyond the brief. Oversee the entire delivery and execution of projects. Identify dependencies and the cascading impacts of delays. Lead resource needs and availability across the office and network, working closely with department leads and recruiting.
- People | Motivate, direct and challenge teams to produce great work. Establish and manage cross-functional teams across different locations that are collaborative, efficient and high-functioning. Increase efficiency across a group of accounts through effective management of staff resourcing. Oversee staff aggregate bandwidth, utilization, and realization rates, as well as retention and employee relations.
- Process | Establish and manage project/program communication and process. Leverage existing tools and processes to monitor people and progress. Collaborate with Project and Program needs to ensure the right resources are in place to deliver the work.
- Financials | Responsible for project estimation, planning and profitability. Build detailed project plans. Collaborate with Delivery leads for resourcing and scoping strategy across portfolio, partnering with finance and account teams. Partner with the Director of Project Management for resourcing strategy across the portfolio, and support Project Managers in resourcing to the scope.
Who you are:
- A Leader | Influence without authority and foster an environment of shared accountability. Partner with department leads, tailoring communications based on audience and level (technology, creative, finance, client, vendor).
- A Builder | Navigate strong collaboration between people, processes and systems. Drive projects and resource management from ambiguity to clarity.
- Detail-Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- A Strong Communicator | Excellent communicator with exceptional analytical skills.
What you'll need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing projects in a professional environment - agency or consulting environment preferred.
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, MS Project, Slack/MS Teams.
- Experience adapting project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban) to the needs of the project.
- Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- Experience leading teams and client meetings.