At WEX Inc. we see corporate payments differently. We are a leading and growing global provider of payment processing and information management solutions. We are passionate about providing payment solutions with unparalleled security and control for corporate purchasing and transaction monitoring needs. We hire people who share the same passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in our industry. We are employee centric offering value-based incentives and generous compensation and benefits packages. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Senior Project Manager oversees the planning for, and the day-to-day tactical execution of one or more large, high risk or high complexity projects within a WEX line of business. Projects include both Business Process and Information Technology (IT) type efforts. Management responsibility extends through the entire project lifecycle from the Initiation Phase through Implementation and includes post-implementation support during the Stabilization period
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for understanding the strategic plan and business needs for the line of business to which assigned and for actively participating in the portfolio decision making process for proposing and structuring projects to achieve business objectives.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for utilizing the WEX Project Management and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (waterfall, iterative, agile) to plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects. He/she is responsible for team building, stakeholder management and for providing effective communications of project related status, risks and issues.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for actively supporting continuous process improvement, for participating in project procurements, for mentoring less-senior personnel, identifying project management training needs, and teaching essential project management skills required for successful project planning and execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop an overall project plan that defines how the project will be planned, monitored and controlled by tailoring the WEX Project Management and Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC) methodologies to fit the scope and complexity of the project.
• Develop a plan to identify how project scope will be defined, managed, validated and how the scope baseline will be controlled.
• Direct the development of a work breakdown structure; define project deliverables and associated activities & dependencies; oversee the effort to estimate the work effort.
• Develop and manage the project’ schedule baseline including invoking contingency plans and the periodic reporting of progress against the plan;
• Manage the development of cost estimates, project budget and cost baseline; provide ongoing management of the project’s cost baseline.
• Plan human resource needs for project; acquire & develop multi-skilled business and IT team members; manage team performance, including celebrating successes.
• Develop the project risk management plan; identify and analyze risks; determine risk responses and monitor risks throughout the project, invoke risk mitigation plans, as necessary
• Identify project stakeholders and develop a Stakeholder Management Plan that defines stakeholder expectations, information needs and how stakeholders will be engaged.
• Develop and implement a project communications plan that defines the roles, responsibilities, types and periodicities of communications required; monitor the effectiveness of project communications.
• Plan procurement; identify candidates to bid, establish selection criteria, solicit bids, evaluate bid responses, select bid winner, participate in contract negotiations & manage contract.
• Proactively identify opportunities and develop recommendations for improving the WEX Project Management and SDLC methodologies for planning and executing projects.
• Identify project management training needs; actively participate in mentoring less-senior Project Management personnel and in conducting project management skills training
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
• Minimum of 6-8 years project management experience with a track record of delivering on time, on spec, on budget
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience if holding the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; the Association for Project Management (APM) Registered Project Professional (RPP) credential; the Australian Institute of Project Management Association’s Certified Practicing Project Manager credential or other equivalent recognized Project Management credential
• Minimum of 8 years project management experience if not holding a formal Project Management credential
• Minimum of 3 years experience using the Agile SDLC methodology and holding the PMI-Agile Certified Practicioner (ACP) certification
• Proven leadership experience directing senior staff resources, including other Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, and Project leads, and other senior technical or business resources.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, execute & deliver complex projects or programs that span several business areas and include multiple sub-projects.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams, including various areas of Informational Technology & the Business
• Demonstrated conflict management & negotiation skills
• Demonstrated experience in procuring and managing hardware, software and/or contractor services
• Demonstrated experience using Systems Development Lifecycle and Project Management Methodologies
• Demonstrated experience in mentoring junior Project Management staff members and in developing and delivering Project Management training
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated proficiency with project scheduling tool (e.g., Microsoft Project)
• Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
• Must pass a successful background investigation
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence. Benefits include:
On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
Dependent Life Insurance
Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
Employee Referral Award Program
Employee Assistance Program
: U.S.-ME-South Portland
: Global Service Operations