Individual will be a strong contributor within the Separations Project Management Organization. This group, working closely with the Product Management, Development, and Operations groups is responsible for the development of scientific hardware instruments and systems for the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Environmental and industrial marketplaces.
Waters PMO is a maturing function that is looking to transition into its next generation of project management capabilities. The ability to integrate business process and acumen into the selection, prioritization and execution of complex engineering projects will be essential to ensuring the continued success in innovations that are customers depend on.
- Manage Projects leading to product development at the Instrument product level or the System Solution Product level.
- Effectively build and lead diverse, cross-functional project teams towards a common goal using a suitable mechanism of governance, e.g Waters Product Development Process(WPDP)
- Provide clear direction on the requirements of the mechanism of governance, in order to meet the expectations of stakeholders as well as delivering the agreed upon business value.
- Utilize project management best practices to ensure adequate planning, facilitation, control, and riskmanagement activities have been conducted for each project.
- Facilitate the development and subsequent management of project budgets; track actual versus plan for the project and works with teams to resolve issues as they arise.
- Manage projects within the established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting or surpassing Waters standards of quality. Accountable for execution on project timelines.
- Manage relationships with third parties, strategic alliance partners, and other external collaborators.
- Apply foresight and insight to proactively address project issues and risks.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management for product development from Concept, to Product Launch and completing with Project Closure.
- Serve as a project advocate within the organization.
- Act as an information conduit between the project Core Teams.
- Provide input to Project team on process improvements and project management best practices which result in more effective execution towards reducing time-to-market.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and system requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelors in a technical discipline (i.e. Engineering). Advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years related experience in the development of technologically challenging systems.
- CAPM or PMP Certification a plus.
- History of developing complex hardware or systems that have realized commercial success is a requirement.
- Experience with analytical and/or other instrumentation products, electro-mechanical systems, fluidics and microprocessor/embedded software controlled products is highly desired.
- Experience in Portfolio Management and Business Planning is a plus.