This position is responsible for providing all aspects of engineering for water/wastewater utility projects for public, private and municipal utility district clients. In addition to leading a team of engineers and technical professionals, this position will also be actively involved in professional associations and community organizations as Pape-Dawson continues building partnerships within the community we serve.
- Prepare proposals, budgets and client agreements
- Lead and oversee design and technical aspects of the team(s) projects including detailed engineering design and calculations, report writing, permitting and presentations to clients
- Write responses to client RFQs and Solicitations
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, public agency officials and community leaders
- Coordinate and monitor project tasks, budgets and schedules
- Responsible for the technical and professional development of project team(s)
- Participate in the development of company design and production standards
- Actively participate in professional associations and civic organizations within the community
- Preparation of creation reports and bond applications for municipal utility districts
- Attend monthly board meetings for municipal utility districts
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) designation in the State of Texas
- 15 or more years' experience managing substantial water and wastewater projects from conception to completion
- 10 or more years' experience managing municipal utility district clients
- Extensive knowledge of design and construction practices for waterlines, storage tanks, pump stations, wastewater lines, lift stations and forcemains.
- Some knowledge of water and wastewater treatment facility design and construction.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, both oral and written skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, municipal utility districts, public agency officials and community leaders
- Proven ability to lead a team of engineers and technical professionals
- Actively involved in professional associations and civic organizations
- Must be able to work 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday