McKim & Creed is a unique, employee-owned firm. First and foremost, we value people. This means we not only hire great talent, we’ve also created an environment where each individual can grow, flourish and apply innovative thinking. As a result, we’ve created a world-class team of professionals within a nimble organization. That’s what our clients want. That’s why we succeed. Our clients hire us because of our people.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art design of facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth’s finite water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources. Our highly respected teams of engineers and surveyors are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future while helping communities leverage their infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Water team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we’re glad you found McKim & Creed.
- Individually contributes, formulates and guides solutions to problems of exceptional difficulty and marked importance to the company. Generally recognized as an expert in the field. Provides technical, design and project management services in support of water infrastructure projects (i.e. water distribution, wastewater collection/pumping, water & wastewater treatment) primarily for local government clients.
- Capable of conducting critical negotiations and handling controversial issues. Exercises skill in persuading and negotiating or critical issues. Demonstrates good judgment in handling and solving complex technical and people assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of standard practices within appropriate discipline including design and construction. Individually able to carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development and implementation of new or improved techniques or procedures.
- Supports business development efforts, leads the preparation of proposals, serve as lead presenter in presentations to secure new project work. Experienced in developing scope of work, time and manpower estimates. Responsible for developing a substantial amount of new business.
- Develops and maintains existing client relationships. Serve as key contact with major clients.
- Able to successfully lead and supervise a project team on projects of all sizes and levels of complexity. Ensure that all aspects of the project are followed through to completion which includes clients meetings, project team communication, monitoring budget and progress and A/R collections.
- Active in professional organizations, professional development and mentoring of staff. Maintains a network of relationships within the field.
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering with NC PE registration or ability to quickly acquire NC PE through reciprocity.
- Master's degreepreferred but not required.
- A minimum of 15years of experience in water and wastewater infrastructure design required.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and knowledgeable of standard engineering design programs
- Very good presentation, technical writing and public speaking skills with outstanding experience in major business development efforts.
- An excellent grasp of the water/wastewater field along with leadership, team building and communication abilities.
- Must demonstrate an excellent understanding of all aspects of the consulting business especially the finance, IT and human resource functions.
- Should be actively involved in high profile activities, seeking out opportunities to represent the profession of matters of public or professional importance.
- Requires a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.