CDM Smith currently has a leadership opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing planning and design projects for water and wastewater infrastructure, including management of multi-discipline design projects, including pumping stations and treatment facilities as well as replacement and rehabilitation of larger diameter water transmission mains in our Northeast group, in our Providence, RI office. In this position, you will be the main point of contact for planning and design of water and wastewater infrastructure projects in Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts, leading project teams and assisting with business development activities. CDM Smith has been providing services to the greater Rhode Island market for around 70 years.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on major projects in Rhode Island and Massachusetts
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring multi-disciplined engineering staff to enhance our design capabilities
• Being responsible for scope, schedule, budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed
• Completing and supervising Quality Assurance/Quality Control of key deliverables and assisting on projects managed by others in the office
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing in the region
• Participating in professional societies relevant to the industry
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations
• Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental or chemical engineering
• Professional engineering (PE) license.
• 12 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Current PM certification (either PMP; CCM and DBIA) or ability to obtain within 12 months of start
• Previous experience working on and managing projects for New England municipal clients
• Previous experience managing multidiscipline project teams
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills
• Prior mentoring and staff development experience, in technical and non-technical aspects of our industry
• Previous experience working directly with clients
Amount of Travel Required