Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 59 days ago
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on major municipal wastewater projects in the Hartford, CT area.
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance our water, wastewater, biosolids, pump station, conveyance planning and design capabilities.
• Being responsible for scope, schedule, budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed.
• Completing Quality Assurance/Quality Control of key deliverables and assisting on projects managed by others in the office.
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing in the region.
• Participation in professional societies relevant to the industry.
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations.
• Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental or chemical engineering.
• Professional engineering (PE) license.
• 12 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Current PM certification (either PMP; CCM and DBIA) or ability to receive within 12 months of start.
• Previous experience working on and managing water treatment projects for municipal clients.
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams.
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills
• Previous experience working directly with Hartford area municipal clients.
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and scopes of work and cost estimates for municipal clients in Connecticut.