Parsons provides comprehensive solutions to many of the world’s most complex water quality, supply, water treatment, watershed, and wastewater infrastructure projects and has for more than 70 years. Our water services encompass planning and design, resource engineering, treatment systems, construction, program management, and alternative project delivery methods— such as design-build or construction management at risk. In addition, Parsons has effectively addressed supply, storm water, sedimentation, and flood control issues around the globe. When the challenge is water, the choice is Parsons.
Provides direction and management for small to medium-sized water and wastewater related projects and ensures projects are executed safely, ethically and profitably, on-schedule and within or below budget in accordance with contractual obligations. The Project Manager is responsible for the scope development, scope management and commercial performance of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client expectations and objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies. Typical projects range up between $5 - $100 million in Total Installed Cost (TIC). The position will be primarily located in Parsons Richardson, Texas office but there is flexibility for occasional work from other Texas, Florida or California office locations, as per project needs.
- Design and process selection for a wide variety of water and wastewater treatment facilities (both new and rehabilitation), including determining appropriate design methods, equipment sizing and selection
- Prepare design calculations, technical memoranda and other engineering documents
- Complete a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications and other contract documents suitable for bidding and construction purposes. Prepare standard engineering computations, material quality takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs
- Ensure compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
- Provide input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project during day to day project work.
- Support permitting and compliance with TCEQ design and permit requirements including but not limited to NORI, TPDES, TLAP applications and general knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations involving construction
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the project execution. Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors. Markets and secures additional work with client. Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of client’s objectives.
- Support proposal develop efforts in pursuit of new water and wastewater treatment projects.
- Assist Parsons business development personnel with the marketing of water and wastewater treatment engineering services to existing and new clients.
- Review supplier drawing submittals and perform review of shop drawings during construction
- Make decisions on significant design and engineering procedures as needed and as appropriate
- Function as a Technical Specialist or Project Lead and assist in training lower-level Designers in various procedures.
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year Bachelor degree in engineering or related technical field. MS degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive relevant work experience in water/wastewater facilities process design and project management
- Familiar with all facets of water/wastewater treatment plant design, permitting and construction
- Experience with alternative project delivery a plus but not required
- Experience with advanced treatment methods like Membrane Bioreactors, Ultraviolet Disinfection and Reverse Osmosis would be a strong differentiator for interested candidates.
- Demonstrated experience leading a multi-disciplinary team in developing conceptual, feasibility, and final designs for a wide variety of hydraulic and water and wastewater engineering projects
- PE License is required and/or ability to obtain in Texas 6 months from hire date.
- Other certifications such as BCEE, LEED, CCM, PMP are a plus
- Proven Texas experience is highly desirable
Incumbent must meet Parsons’ project management certification requirements. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work well as part of a team. Strong oral and written communication skills - Interacts positively with staff, general public, clients, and contractors. Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, leading and mentoring other engineering staff. Thorough knowledge of the industry practices and regulations are also required. In addition, must be knowledgeable of current treatment technologies and how they can be effectively utilized on different projects.