The Greeley and Hansen Recruitment Center
Greeley and Hansen is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the federal requirements of the Drug-Free Workplace Act
00987: Senior Project Manager - Wastewater and Stormwater
Office Location:IL - Chicago We seek a motivated, entrepreneurial, and proven Senior Project Manager to lead the positioning, development, closing, and delivery of wastewater and stormwater professional engineering services to key clients throughout the Chicago and Illinois markets, from Greeley and Hansen’s Chicago based global headquarters. This leader must be eager and open to continuous growth and improvement, engaging and leading teams, implementing best engineering and business practices, and leading by example, as Greeley and Hansen continues to expand its growing, global practice.
Mentoring staff, providing career guidance, positioning team for success, and supporting staff development while adhering to Greeley and Hansen’s core values.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships with new and existing clients to understand their needs and to ensure that their expectations are exceeded.
- Managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously to lead teams to deliver assignments to the client's satisfaction while following the contract requirements and maintaining schedule and budget.
- Client service excellence in engaging, listening, and understanding client needs, to translate these needs into solutions.
- Identifying and leading business development pursuits, developing positioning plans, coordinating and implementing the positioning plans with the team, and preparation of proposals including project goals, client needs, and technical approaches.
- Managing staff assignments and workload to position staff to achieve their career objectives and deliver on project requirements.
- Technical excellence in planning studies, preliminary designs, final designs, asset management, program management, bid assistance and office services during construction for treatment plants, pump stations, distribution and collection systems, and associated improvements.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering. A Master's degree is desirable.
- Work Experience: Minimum 15 years of work experience in civil/environmental engineering, including business development, client and project management, studies and process evaluations, contract document development, and project delivery.
- Technical Experience: Wastewater treatment process, pumping, and collection system design; stormwater management, pumping, and conveyance design; including facilities in excess of 100 MGD.
- Client Service Experience: Minimum 5 years engaging and leading client interactions. Client service including client planning, positioning, relationship development, proposal development, contract closing and negotiations, and project delivery.
- Certifications: Professional Engineering (PE) licensure is required. Illinois PE license will be required within 12 months.