Project Manager (PM) - Senior (Sr) coordinates and oversees the completion of activities in all phases of the project cycle of facilities-related construction projects. Manages the project design or construction effort, manage and evaluate contractor performance, integrate and coordinate the project with field personnel, and evaluate, determine disposition, and manage project change requests.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Manage project design and/or construction efforts, to include schedule, funding, and day-to-day project oversight
- Manage and evaluate construction contractor performance
- Integrate and coordinate projects with field personnel
- Evaluate, validate, and manage project change requests
- Provide official weekly project status reports
- Prepare and distribute project communication with customers, management, integrated project teams, and stakeholders
- Assist the client's Contracting Officer (CO) and Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR) with acquisition planning, execution and administration
- Assist the CO and COTR with conducting pre-bid and pre-construction site visits with the COTR
- Provide invoice supporting information to the COTR for payment
- Prepare and monitor project schedules and budgets; provide technical guidance and assistance on contracting and construction-related issues; direct design efforts; recommend construction documents for approval; and provide oversight of any follow-on maintenance programs
- Optimize performance, cost, and schedule by ensuring project objectives are achieved on schedule and at the lowest cost compatible with user requirements
- Generate projects in MAXIMO, facilitating design review workflow, and ensuring project closeout compliance. Ensure integration of all systems, including information technology, telephone, security, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing
- Prepare Contractor Performance Report (CPR) upon contract closeout
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Laptop and desk computer.
- Individual Protective Equipment (i.e., Hardhat,Steel Toed Boots, Safety Glasses, Work Gloves, Hearing Protection, etc.
- Hearing Protection, etc.
- Civilian or military equivalent Organizational Clothing and Individual Equipment
- Be licensed and able to drive a manual transmission non-tactical vehicle (pickup truck/9 passenger van).
- S. Government leased, owned, and rented vehicles.
- Valid, current U.S. Passport
- Valid, current U.S. Driver’s License
- May travel to and through out various CONUS and OCONUS locations, often to remote, austere, remote permissive, non-permissive environments.
- Work in an operationally-sensitive environment
- Perform tasks outside during any weather condition for long periods of time.
- Operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine and printer.
- Function in an office environment in a stationary position approximately 50 percent of the time or more.
- Work well in team environments including demonstrate the ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Function not only in an office environment in a stationary position approximately 50 percent of the time or more, but may work in austere, remote or non-remote permissive and non-permissive environments.
- Able to lift twenty-five percent (25%) of his/her body weight over his/her head
- Bachelor’s degree in any field; high school, vocational school, or trade school diploma and five (5) years’ work experience in a similar field may be substituted for degree requirement
- Must have Valid U.S. Driver’s and be able to obtain an International Driver’s License
- Must have a valid U.S. Passport
- Five percent travel or more as Client directed.
- Must have an current, adjudicated, and active TS/SCI security clearance with Poly. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ten (10) years of experience in project management
- Five (5) years of experience with MS Project or other PM software
- Microsoft Windows and Office Suite encompassing Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Access, and SharePoint
- Project Management Professional (PMP) desired
- Knowledge of sound program management techniques
- Operate MS Project or other PM software such as MAXIMO
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, and problem solve effectively.
- Written and oral communication skills, especially ability to brief senior officials.
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to manage time and priorities
- Strong leadership, project management, team building and presentation skills.
- Communicate well verbally and in writing at all organizational levels
- Work independently and as a team player
- Work nights and weekends for operational necessities, as required
- Continue developing professional licenses, certifications, and expertise through formal training and on-the-job experience
- Handle multiple, demanding, and complex projects in a timely manner with accurate results
- Lead, manage, and supervise a multifunctional team
- Advise and assist Client and Project Managers with planning, programing, budgeting, and executing project schedules.