Job ID 60669BR Date posted 02/08/2018 City Peshtigo State Wisconsin CountryUS
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for planning and leading New Product Introduction (NPI) projects in all phases of the NPI life cycle; including planning, executing, and completing projects from requirements development through entry into service.
- Plan New Product Introduction project for Military and Commercial Seating products.
- Ensure all project milestones are achieved within identified and documented time, budget, and performance expectations.
- Maintain necessary project metrics.
- Lead Integrated Product Development Teams (IPDT) and coordinate cross-functional activities.
- Facilitate communication between functional groups and the customer.
- Monitor and report the status of all projects to Engineering management staff, project sponsors, clients and other stakeholders.
- Utilize the UTAS Project Management tools and systems on projects.
- Support the evaluation, development, and/or implementation of standards and procedures for project management methodology, practices, procedures, and tools.
- Adhere to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
- Perform other duties as required to ensure project success and improvement to COS’s product development processes.
Qualification: Experience Required:
- At least 4 years of experience managing development projects.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional project teams.
- Working knowledge of MS Project 2010 and otherMS Office software.
- US citizen or Green Card holder.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and long term projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Adept at organizing tasks into coherent efficient project plans.
- Ability to work independently or as part of an integrated project team.
- Ability to multi-task with good organizational skills and prioritize both daily issues and long-term projects.
- 100% dedicated to following all safety procedures and precautions.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new software.
- Expresses ideas effectively to establish oneself as a credible and impactful leader.
- Adjusts personally to high pressure, rapidly changing business conditions and uncertain business environments.
- Drives obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization and every constituent.
Up to 20% of time traveling
Work Environment/Other Position Requirements:
- Office environment or office environment on production floor.
- Occasional need to be on production floor, requiring safety glasses, and ability to stand for long periods.
- Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
- Ability to input, access, retrieve, and send information via computer.
Education: Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering (otherdegrees may be considered based on practical experience) with 4 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering (otherdegrees may be considered based on practical experience) with 2 years’ experience.