Summary / Description
We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Project Manager interested in joining our team in Baltimore, MD and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will be responsible for profitably, managing the development and implementation of services projects or sub-projects that consistently deliver high client value, providing leadership and creativity in the development and implementation of services and solutions engagements. You will work with the client, practice leader, Client Account Management team, and project team to plan, develop, organize, monitor and deliver services and solutions. You will assume a proactive and direct role for developing and cultivating service opportunities and establishing engagements to ensure profitable revenue growth for Unisys.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Uses strong project management skills and delivery methodologies to lead the delivery of the solution within planned timelines, budget, margins and quality specifications.
- Manage the deployment and integration of the system and software delivery projects.
- Consistently delivers high value, "client ready" work, including communications and presentations, with minimal supervision.
- Writes accurate and effective statements of work so that both the client and Unisys staff understands the project expectations and roles.
- Proactively reports project risk and deliverable issues to superiors for assistance as soon as possible.
- Establishes and manages the project plan (development, delivery schedule, resource requirements, 3rd parties, cost budget methodology, tools, standards and quality).
- Uses appropriate methodologies (such as risk mitigation/management, change/control management and contract management) to manage major projects or a group of projects.
- Applies business process redesign and/or information planning methodologies to client business problems. Combines knowledge of business process redesign and/or information planning methodologies with a deep knowledge of their domain and/or solution to sell, design and deliver a full range of solutions.
- Leads or supports the implementation of change management, business process redesign or information planning.
- Prepares Status Reports and communicates the project status to Unisys Management.
- Generates and actively participates in new business opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth within the client. Identifies opportunities for follow-on business that brings additional value to the client, including: additional services engagements; increasing Unisys chargeable hours; creating change orders when additional work required is outside the original contracted scope of the project and/or services proposal activity in Unisys portfolio areas.
- Develops strong client relationships and performs the role of primary interface with the client. Interfaces with client’s technical executives to understand their business challenges and recommend innovative integrated business solutions.
- Communicates deliverables, conducts client meetings, obtains required client sign off and specifications, client acceptance and billing.
- Interfaces with the client's technical executives to understand their business challenges. Uses this information and their expertise to recommend innovative integrated business solutions for client/ prospect organizations.
- Manages the performance of internal and external service providers in order to ensure the implementation of deliverables and resulting client satisfaction. Interfaces with sub-contractors.
- Manages the project team and the development and integration of project deliverables.
- Sets objectives and priorities, assigns and reviews tasks, performance and staffing requirements.
- Staffs projects and maintains the resource plan.
- Provides mentoring, development and performance feedback to team members.
- Functions as an expert in one domain and/or solution set within an industry or organization and uses that knowledge to generate profitable revenue growth for Unisys. Has the knowledge of all areas to determine how the particular solution fits into the client's business.
- Recognized by others for their insight into many technical domains and may present papers to conferences or put together presentations for client groups on the critical trends and directions within their domain area.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry trade associations, regulatory organizations and key industry executives.
Experience managing complex applications development projects for the Federal Government. It is required that the Senior Program Manager hold and maintain and active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification through the Project Management Institute throughout the duration of this contract.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Experience managing a team of 40+ staff members
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant work experience.