Plans and coordinates single or multiple large and high complexity capital projects that often require inter-disciplinary engineering teams consisting of engineers and cross functional business partners. Manages all aspects of scope development, cost estimates and schedule by collaborating both within the engineering organization as well as with cross functional business partners. This position requires management of both external and internal resources and influencing cross functional stakeholders as well as effectively resolving issues and managing conflict. The individual must have a good working knowledge of technology employed in the food industry and would also have an understanding of how the application of the technologies impacts their stakeholders.
NOTE: Location is preferrably in Oak Brook, IL. However, anywhere in the U.S. will work IF located by a major airport. Atlanta, GA and Dallas, TX are other strong considerations as this is a work from home role.
- This position can cover multiple locations across the U.S. and Canada and requires a significant understanding of the business side of a Food Company as well as the ability to effectively communicate with and lead cross functional resources.
- This position interacts frequently with leadership positions within and outside the Supply Chain function
- External interaction will include, however, is not limited to, equipment vendors, construction contractors, engineering services contractors, local / state / federal government agencies, and co-manufacturing organizations.
- This person is recognized as a Technical Leader and an expert in Project Management and has demonstrated significant accomplishments and contributions to meet business initiatives.
- This position will be expected to manage multiple large projects simultaneously
- 3+ high complexity projects, exceeding $15MM annual spend
- Expected to demonstrate previous experience leading a single large project through execution and completion of at least $15MM
- This position manages multiple engineering project staffs (may be a combination of Treehouse and consulting engineers).
- Execute project initiatives to ensure that all projects are completed to meet business needs
- Responsible to ensure that all project planning, deliverables, reporting, and spending forecasts are managed accurately and that all projects are delivered within cost, schedule and performance success criteria.
- Reviews Technical Briefs providing technical guidance to project team
- Develops Business Case Screening scopes and estimates to give the business a directional view of a project and the robustness of the business case
- Must understand sanitary design best practices
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 8+ years of Project Management experience
- BS in an Engineering discipline.
- Formal project management training or certifications are positives
- A track record of managing several $5M+ capital projects and a progression through multiple roles in the Food Manufacturing industry is preferred.
- The candidate must possess excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills along with problem solving and conflict management skills
Education: Bachelor's Degree required - Engineering
Travel and other considerations:
25-50% Travel, depending on project execution obligations
Ability to work in plant conditions: noise, heat, exposure to moving parts, fumes, etc.