Ulteig Project Management Office has an opportunity to hire a Senior Project Manager based out of Bismarck or Fargo, ND office to work specifically with transportation projects for the NDDOT, SDDOT and MnDOT. This will be a challenging role in which you will be responsible for the management for multiple complex engineering/design projects from initiation through close-out. You will play an important role in the growth of our Project Management Department. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, execution, control and close-out of complex, civil engineering projects in the Transportation market. The desired candidate must have exceptional leadership skills and possess the ability to successfully navigate through and resolve complex and oftentimes multi-functional challenges associated with large projects. Additionally, this position will work closely with the civil transportation team and the Senior Technical Managers. This position will provide mentoring and training to the civil transportation team.
What You'll Do
- Provide strategic project management leadership for multiple projects of varying size and complexity.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and participate in proposal development.
- Responsible for the overall management and execution of the projects’ scopes, schedules and costs.
- With the Project Technical Lead, is accountable for all team decision making.
- Manage and lead a collaborative project team to ensure each key functional project discipline is meeting the planned project scope, schedule and cost.
- Collaborate with the Senior Technical Manager(s) regarding mentoring, training, and skillsets.
- Work with Project Technical Leader to lead technical project meetings between project team and client.
- Point person for contract negotiation and management.
- Develop, update and manage the project execution plans.
- Coordinate communication and provides status updates to stakeholders as required.
- Assess project risk and proactively develop mitigation plans.
- Proactively manages project requests for information and action items.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Controls team to ensure project schedules and costs are managed and tracking to plan.
- Responsible for coordinate projects through all internal and external processes.
- Ensure availability or seeks out adequate resources to support the projects.
- Proficient in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations to support project scope, schedule and cost objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership, verbal/written communications, time management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Consistently produces results that meet goals, has high work standards, and understands the business environment and processes.
- Achieves results by problem solving, setting priorities and organization.
- Maintains customer focus to meet or exceed customer expectations and represent Ulteig in a professional and courteous manner. Build and maintain positive relationship with clients.
- Strives for individual excellence by seeking challenges and self -development, demonstrating high levels of expertise and showing commitment, self-confidence and integrity.
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant field required
- PMP Certification and/or Professional Licensed Engineer preferred
- Combination of 10+ years DOT design and project management experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Project and MS Office
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized and work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities
- Demonstrated experience with successful project delivery
- Excellent communication, leadership, planning and mentoring skills
- Must be able to prepare clear and concise status updates and reports as required
- Must be able to travel to project sites as required
- Must have permanent work authorization for the US