Who We Are
SAM Companies is recognized as the industry’s technology leader in providing geospatial solutions and construction phase services on a national scale. Our staff encompasses 1,000+ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are deploying the latest industry technology and changing the way data is collected and delivered in our industry.
Our entrepreneurial culture is a key factor in SAM being recognized as a Top Workplace for seven consecutive years, and we make it our mission to ensure every one of our employees learns how to build and manage a business, not just be the subject matter expert on the team. At SAM, our employee’s development is instrumental to our success. Your learning will be supported by specialized in-house training programs and mentoring by the industry’s leading experts, who just happen to be on our staff! We make SAM a GREAT place to work, but it all starts with YOU!
Your Impact at SAM
A Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple project managers, overseeing large, complex projects, working with Market Leads and senior leadership to increase market share and acting as the subject matter expert for their industry.
- Responsible for leadership and business development on the Florida Transportation Survey team
- Manage project performance, to include, schedule, budget, and quality of work product
- Responsible for setting work plans and staffing requirements for multiple large-scale projects
- Manage multiple project teams, including delegating tasks and ensuring project scope compliance and schedule
- Mentor and develop professional and technical staff to maximize their potential
- Provide surveying and mapping services, including conducting meetings, preparing agreements and cost estimates, and approving client deliverables and other submittals
- Assist marketing staff with marketing packages, proposal preparation, proposal review, and presentations
- Identify and solicit project opportunities with current and prospective clients and attend marketing meetings as needed
- Assist in developing procedures, standards, methods, and systems to improve project delivery
- Support the Company to achieve its vision and mission, while successfully practicing its core values related to employees, ethics, operational excellence, safety, integrity, and corporate social responsibility
What You Bring to SAM
- Florida Professional Surveyor and Mapper (PSM) license
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing Transportation survey projects
- Extensive Florida Department of Transportation experience
- Ability to oversee, mentor, and motivate a project team
- Proven business development success
- Ability to manage personnel
- Ability to meet or exceed aggressive deadlines, while building teamwork and collaboration with others
- Strong written and verbal communication experience