This position is in one of our Eastern Pennsylvania offices (West Chester, Philadelphia, or Plymouth Meeting). The role of Senior Project Manager & Transportation Leader is to manage the design and delivery of large projects and maintaining and improving relations with current and future clients. As a leader they will be responsible for the development and delivery of successful transportation projects such as bridges, roads, retaining walls, and transit structures.
Provides direct supervision; acts as advisor and is actively involved to meet schedules and resolve problems.
The role will be responsible for managing the scope and integration of subcontractors and employees. Support business development and the delivery of proposals while maintaining relationships with clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Leadership and growth of our Eastern Pennsylvania Transportation Practice.
- Lead and manage transportation projects from inception to delivery, including bringing in new clients and managing existing client relationships.
- Lead and be actively engaged with prospective client’s relationship building and maintenance.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring financial performance of project budgets.
- Performs on technically complex projects as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members.
- Stays up to date on regulatory changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials.
- Participate in client functions, trade shows and conferences.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Business development experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base.
- Technical expert in Transportation design.
- Efficient project management of multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience checking the work of others for accuracy and completeness.
- Understands client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing, and collecting accounts receivable.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Pennsylvania
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in business growth and delivery in the transportation industry.
- Experience and contacts within local and state agencies.
- Design/build experience a plus.