Senior Project Manager - Transit & Rail Planning/Engineering
Department:VA-Tysons CornerLocation:Vienna, VA
START YOUR APPLICATION
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB) is seeking a Transit & Rail Senior Project Manager to work in our growing Capitol District market. The position could be located in our Washington, DC or Tyson’s Corner, VA office.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The Senior Project Manager will manage large, complex, transit and rail projects focusing on the early phases of the project development process. This includes alternatives development and analysis, conceptual and preliminary engineering and the NEPA documentation. Typical projects involve light rail transit, bus rapid transit, commuter rail, intercity passenger rail and freight rail services. The position includes the management of transit and rail planning projects, including feasibility studies, strategic/systems planning, and other transit planning processes and documentation.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous efforts including projects of various topics and complexity
- Develop, manage and maintain project schedules and budgets
- Lead development of project deliverables and provide quality control
- Work directly with client project manager and maintain a good relationship
- Manage financial progress through timely submittal of invoices and progress reports and initiation of change orders for out of scope services
- Prepare technical reports and analyses
- Prepare and maintains resource plans
- Manage a multidisciplinary team of engineers, planners and scientists
- Take an active role in business development and identifies planning prospects
- Represent VHB at regional conferences, seminars and industry events
- Manage and prepare technical and cost proposals
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations
- Coordinate on teaming decisions with the Regional Director of Transit & Rail and other Regional Directors
- Assist in the development of business and marketing plans
- Take an active role in the development and mentoring of the Transit & Rail group staff
- Work with the Regional Director of Transit & Rail to assign and manage workload
- Work to improve the VHB Transit & Rail ‘brand’ and to achieve industry excellence and consistency
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills
- Excellent public speaking skills and business development skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong capability in use of computer applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capability in the use of project management applications such as MS Project or Primavera
- BS in Civil Engineering or urban/transportation planning discipline or related field
- 20+ years of progressive technical experience in transit planning/engineering and implementation of bus and rail transit improvements.
- Minimum of 10 years as a Project Manager
- For PE’s, a license in DC, VA, and/or MD is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of NEPA documentation, and Federal and State transportation regulations and programs.
- Technical expertise in multiple rail planning disciplines (feasibility studies, operational analyses, business planning)
- Proven ability to manage a multidisciplinary team of engineers, planners, and scientists
- We regret to inform that we are unable to offer sponsorship for employment visas at this time.
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, tohave been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.