The mandate of the Enterprise Project Delivery Excellence (EPDE) group is to make project management a core competency at TD, reduce executionrisk and improve efficiency and effectiveness of delivery by ensuring that core practices, capabilities and centres of excellence are in place across the Bank. To effectively execute against the mandate, the EPDE has been functionally aligned into seven strategic pillars:
- Lead: End-to-end program delivery on select Major Initiatives on behalf of the Executive Sponsor in alignment with Enterprise Strategies.
- Engage: Provide Delivery Services on select Major Initiatives through established Centres of Excellence to improve delivery certainty.
- Strategy & Planning: Lead the overall EPDE strategy, develop Global Communications, Talent & Capability Strategies and manage EPDE Business Operations.
- Govern: Drive accountability through defined Enterprise Standards, Portfolio Governance and Executive Committee structure.
- Tools: Establish an Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Platform and integrated Tools strategy in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Agile Transformation (ATP): Define the Bank’s Enterprise Agile Methodology and Operating Model in collaboration with Technology and key control partners.
- CPDG: The Corporate Portfolio Delivery Group provides PMO services including Project Management and Portfolio Management to specific segments leveraging EPDE capabilities.
The Project Manager will support the Functional Delivery piece of a Tier 1 program. This individual will provide leadership, direction and coaching to teams while partnering with business and executive stakeholders within a single or across multiple Lines of Business (LoB).
Your Accountabilities Include:
- Lead the delivery of Tier 1-2 projects with a moderately high to high complexity profile, high level of regulatory oversight and project risk profile ranges from moderately high to high
- Indirectly manage a LoB project team consisting of Business Analysts, Business SMEs and technology resources where applicable
- Engage executive sponsor to ensure active participation on project initiatives
- Engage appropriate stakeholders to identify and manage required outcomes of projects for the business
- Establish effective project oversight and other governance bodies, and engage the correct levels to support the direction for the project
- Provide on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the Project Sponsor, Business Project Owner, Program Manager and Portfolio Manager to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status in a timely manner
- Respond to inquiries and escalate concerns from stakeholders at all levels in the organization (technical, business, Senior and Executive Management)
- Provide advice and guidance to business partners and project team as required regarding best practices in project management
- Collaborate with appropriate partners to ensure required resources are assigned to the project for successful delivery
- Deliver and own project outcomes that are aligned to established cost, timing, deliverable and scope objectives
- Generate cost estimates and provides general financial management, incorporating risk, by leveraging appropriate tools, templates,
- Proactively identify and track project risk and develop mitigation plans to manage risk
- Accurately forecast and manage assigned budget to provide monthly financialreporting for projects in alignment with Finance standards
- Support vendor management and strategic sourcing process, managing RFP activities and partnering with vendor(s) to ensure efficient and effective project delivery
- Apply TDBG principles of project management life cycle methodologies, tools and best practices, ensuring that appropriate documentation, change and risk management practices are in place
- 5-7years progressive project-related experience
- Proven delivery experience of transformational programs with significant business impact
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management
- Exposure to financial management with respect to tracking, forecasting and managing project budgets
- Team player with ability to influence and achieve results through effective negotiation, problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- University degree or comparable professional education/training
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred