The Senior Project Manager will have overall responsibility and accountability for managing and delivering large, complex telecommunications infrastructure projects. S/he will own the client relationship and lead a project team of 30+ individuals, subcontractors, vendors and other third parties to bring the project in on-time, in-budget and within quality specifications. This individual must excel at leading teams and thrive in an environment where s/he is given freedom lead while also being held accountable for results. Successful conclusion of the project will result in client satisfaction and future opportunities for revenue growth. This individual must excel at developing processes, leading teams, and collaborating with other functional groups. Teamwork and a thorough understanding of the interdependencies between functional groups will be required for successful conclusion of the project.
- Lead a team of 30+, which may include staff from the engineering, field surveying, permitting, drafting, site acquisition, scheduling, invoicing, and construction departments to self-perform large portions of the project
- Successful delivery of complex design build including on time delivery, within budget and with the highest quality and attention to safety.
- Manage and track performance across schedule, budget and quality parameters
- Indirectly manage a cross-functional matrixed project team that includes internal partners from IT, HR and business operations
- Pro-actively identify potential project risk factors, communicate these to the project team and/or client, and work with stakeholders to address them
- Serve as primary point of contact for communicating status with client and addressing issues as they arise
- Communicate project status clearly and succinctly to Tilson senior management by delivering complex messages in business terms
- Develop project justifications, business cases, and corresponding return on investment estimates for funding requests
- Manage contract terms, purchase orders and change orders with client
- Manage sub-contractor terms, performance and schedule
- Working closely with the customer to ensure complete satisfaction and to grow the business
- 4-year Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business required. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience and demonstrated success project managing large, complex infrastructure projects of $50-100 million or more
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organization, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong financial acumen with proven experience managing job cost.
- Proven experience establishing a schedule and delivering against the plan and budget.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated and action orientated with a strong results and deliverables focus
- Ability to work on multiple issues simultaneously and follow up on issues with minimal direction.
- Effective verbal and written communicator
Desired but not Required:
- Experience in telecommunications infrastructure project management and/or consulting
- Experience managing self-performance projects
- Project management certifications
- Lean principles
- Ability to pro-actively identify potential project risk factors, communicate these to the project team, and work with stakeholders to address them
- Problem solver that thrives from taking ownership and is comfortable resolving issues independently
- Comfortable with ambiguity able to drive results in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check. Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building and transforming the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to be creative, innovate, and deliver. Our vision is for Tilson to be a world leader in developing information and communications technology projects by building a team of phenomenal people working together on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients serving the public good. Our team environment will be a place where intellectually curious, motivated, and talented people can work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We will strive to listen to our clients, integrate with them as a team, and internalize their goals. We run our business sustainably, for its financial health, people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.