Job Summary The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for managing and executing large, technical strategic and tactical projects with distributed teams in a fast-paced environment. Outreach and communication with internal and external stakeholders and audiences on broadband and telecommunications project is a special focus of this position. S/he must be able to effectively engage in one-way and two-way communications with intended audiences on behalf of clients on matters related to technology, business cases, and public policy. S/he must establish strong business and client relationships, work with consulting, engineering, and field-deployed technical teams, and have a demonstrated record of managing large complex projects from start to finish. This role also includes creating detailed project plans, managing conflicts, communicating status, and ensuring that tasks get completed on-time and in a quality manner.
- Develop and implement communication strategies, outreach and engagement with clients’ stakeholders, such as broadband service providers, community leaders, employers, and state agencies and local governments and institutions.
- Manage complex projects in support of Government and Commercial contracts as well as in-house initiatives for Tilson Technology Management’s Government & Institutional Consulting Division, especially its broadband consulting practice.
- Responsible for managing medium and large projects impacting diverse functional areas, clients, and contracts and crossing multiple technologies/platforms across the division, other Tilson divisions, and subcontractors.
- Develop clearly written and effective summaries of work, proposals, and reports
- Deliver projects on-time, within budget, and in a quality manner.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, elicits cooperation from management, and influence cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Develop project justifications, business cases, and corresponding return on investment estimates for funding requests.
- Communicate project status clearly and succinctly to senior management by delivering complex messages in business terms.
- Pro-actively identify potential project risk factors, communicate these to the project team, and work with stakeholders to address them
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Liaise between the client and consulting teams.
- 4-yearDegree, or equivalent is preferred
- Ability to absorb, understand, and communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated large, complex project management.
- Understanding of decision-making processes in state and local government entities.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organization, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-motivated and action orientated with a strong results and deliverables focus and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and follow up on issues with minimal direction.
- Experience working with state or local broadband planning or deployment initiatives.
- Experience with advocacy or outreach to or on behalf of telecommunications service providers.
- Experience with the telecommunications industry in Pennsylvania and/or West Virginia.
- Experience in consulting and/or telecommunications infrastructureproject management.
- Relevant project management certificates a plus (e.g. PMP, PMI, etc.)
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Project or an equivalent tool.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check.