The Credit and Collections team is seeking a high-energy, motivated individual who combines strong project management skills with business and technology acumen for the position of Senior Project Manager. The primary function of this role will be supporting the delivery of strategic, enterprise-wide initiatives. These initiatives require collaboration with a variety of business and technology areas and involve multiple globally located businesses and project teams. This role will work with staff within Credit & Collections, COE Finance, technology teams, and vendors to execute the strategic vision.
- Manages all aspects of the program/projects lifecycle to facilitate the successful delivery, as well as the metrics for reporting
- Oversee and monitor progress on complex and/or multiple projects relative to schedules, budgets and quality
- Define, document and manage projects, actively participating in all phases of the project lifecycle
- Assemble cross-functional teams and assign individual responsibilities
- Provide project leadership, work direction, and activities of project team members
- Influence the work of others outside of direct authority to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met
- Identify, assess, manages and communicates risks and issues
- Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and facilitate commitment and decision-making
- Work in a collaborative manner in a matrix organization
- Estimate costs and timelines for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints
- Prepare and maintain project plans and track activities against the plan
- Implement an effective project communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reporting
- The global nature of the typical project team will require some flexibility in working hours in order to ensure sufficient interaction across time zones.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive project management experience, including implementation programs of cross-functional projects in a technology or matrix organizational environment
- Project Management (PMP) and Change Management (PROSCI) certifications highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience managing teams through significant transformation with ambiguous scope and audacious vision
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated achievements in planning, directing, and implementing multiple and concurrent large projects
- Demonstrated experience managing technical and business processes
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills with strong knowledge of project management methodology and software
- Experience leading cross-functional, remote and virtual project teams in a matrix organization
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and proactively drive changes in project scope
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources: management, business and technical unit contacts
- Experience interacting with senior management and business stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Visio and Project
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong negotiating, influencing, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent team building and leadership skills
- Some travel may be required
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.