The Boldt Company is looking for leaders to manage all aspects of the development and implementation of large, multifaceted projects and execute projects from original concept through to final implementation and commissioning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- First and foremost, lead the people who are working on projects courageously. Provide the project team clear expectations and accountability. Insure that the project team is aligned with the Boldt culture and processes. Provide the inspiration needed to ultimately create a high functioning and motivated project team.
- Lead and direct preconstruction services including gathering and defining comprehensive project requirements, ensuring for strategic alignment, developing project goals, project plans, budgets and schedules, determining staffing requirements, and forming cross-functional project teams.
- Develop and maintain a productive and positive working relationship with the customer, project sponsors, subcontractors and vendors.
- Lead Labor relations for each project. Develop relationships with key labor leaders from a union perspective but also have the flexibility to integrate an open shop approach where appropriate.
- Define and follow project management methods, procedures, and quality objectives, including metrics for assessing progress.
- Implement Boldt's Lean practices where appropriate leveraging Boldt Production Systems (BPS) to optimize the results.
- Balance workload, providing technical and analytical guidance and work direction to project team, including scheduling, assignment of work, review of project efforts and removal of constraints which inhibit project success.
- Ensure that all team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively,and provide the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance.
- Assess variances from the project plans, budgets and schedules, develops andimplements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives, and keeps management aware of the situation.
- Evaluate and ensure customer satisfaction throughout the project which culminates into achieving a successful completion and allows for long term customer opportunities and references.
- Oversee development of contracts and manage bid process for evaluation, selection and procurement of materials, subcontractors, and capital equipment.
- Identify potential areas for improvement in current methodologies and provide coaching to project management team.
- Oversee the supply chain of information, materials and capital equipment from engineers, customer and OEM's to ensure that the budget and schedule are successfully achieved.
- Insure that there is a disciplined approach to managing change on the project to insure Boldt's financial interests are maintained and the customer is informed in a timely fashion.
- Identify and develop approach to the checkout and startup of the process and facilities to meet Boldt's contractual responsibilities and owners needs.
- Maintain appropriate professional designations and up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools.
- Experience in leading large projects with contracts of 50 million-dollars and greater in size with a significant level of self-performance of trade labor.
- Four-year Engineering, construction management degree or equivalent, plus extensive (fifteen or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, construction management required. PMP certification would be a positive attribute.
- Experience with innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Significant business skill acumen is needed to understand construction industry factors that lead to successful projects.
- Previous construction project management experience in the Power industry is essential.
Boldt offers an attractive benefits package which includes:
- Medical & dental insurance
- Company paid life, short/long term disability, and travel insurance
- 401K & ESOP Ownership
- Vacation time, sick time & paid holidays (nine holidays per year)
- Tuition reimbursement & employee referral program